Archived Spot closing stores

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the one in Raleigh is located just over a mile away from a Super Target. Its just over Target here in metro NC.

I work close to two stores that are only 5 miles apart.

I hope they do right by the TM and find them all places in other stores.
What do you the chances are?

I wonder if I should make a trip to Orlando just to see that SuperT before it closes lol.

Yeah, the gateway store is pretty much the depressing definition of a super low volume. Once the Cascade Station and Portland East targets opened up that store pretty much was in a downward spiral in sales. The Pfresh upgrade to both stores was the final nail in the coffin.

I've been to a few of the Orlando stores. They're all pretty dumpy..

The ones in Orlando are all crappy. Not speaking from personal experience, I've just known people who *have* been in them. Nuh uh. Not one nice word. Considering the condition of a certain few suburbs around said City (locals will know what I am talking about lol), I am not surprised.

Yeah, the gateway store is pretty much the depressing definition of a super low volume. Once the Cascade Station and Portland East targets opened up that store pretty much was in a downward spiral in sales. The Pfresh upgrade to both stores was the final nail in the coffin.

isn't Cascade station the newest one? I was susposto help open that one during my time with spot but they never gave me the info. I have yet to go to a "new" target but the one in clackamas sort of made that up as its an older store but tottally remodeled. I was surprised they placed food ave and starbucks up front right bellow the offices. I thought that wasn't possible due to the vents.

but Tigard was pretty depressing. That is till they got their remodel.

Yeah the Orlando stores pretty much suck, especially the Waterford one lol

Sucks about the one closing though. I really liked that one, it is a little older (P01 i believe), but it had "personality" i guess. It has the not very smooth by design stone-like floor in grocery and the cool neon. Always a very quiet store though, I havent been there in nearly a hear. I took alot of the pictures the first time i was in there because i just liked the feel and design of it lol. Im a sap for old stores/prototypes i guess lol I like them alot better than the new cookie-cutter design

My mother-in-law lives in Leesburg and she told us about the Orlando SuperT closing a couple of days ago. I've never been in that one just the one that's in the Mall. That one was pretty dumpy.

They'll find a place for anyone that wants to transfer. It's weird to be at a new store, though. It's kind of like being a refugee, you don't want to be there and no one wants you there.

isn't Cascade station the newest one? I was susposto help open that one during my time with spot but they never gave me the info. I have yet to go to a "new" target but the one in clackamas sort of made that up as its an older store but tottally remodeled. I was surprised they placed food ave and starbucks up front right bellow the offices. I thought that wasn't possible due to the vents.

but Tigard was pretty depressing. That is till they got their remodel.

Cascade is the newest addition to the Portland area, and it's the most modern looking out of the bunch. It's also a freaking huge store.

Yeah the Orlando stores pretty much suck, especially the Waterford one lol

Sucks about the one closing though. I really liked that one, it is a little older (P01 i believe), but it had "personality" i guess. It has the not very smooth by design stone-like floor in grocery and the cool neon. Always a very quiet store though, I havent been there in nearly a hear. I took alot of the pictures the first time i was in there because i just liked the feel and design of it lol. Im a sap for old stores/prototypes i guess lol I like them alot better than the new cookie-cutter design

The Waterford one sucks as far as guest experience, working there, etc. Sales, on the otherhand, are AMAZING, lol.

The one that they're closing, while depressing and dumpy, is the only on in that area for awhile. Kind of surprising its closing. Then again, it IS in the middle of the ghetto.

They need to close the store in Raleigh...someone got stabbed there not to long ago and everyone who is everyone goes to the Super T right up the road.

The last time I was in Orlando I went to a Target. It was like a P97 without P-Fresh and Latino designation or whatever (everything was also in spanish) and they hadn't been right-sized. It was dirty and dark and just yuck. :(

Last edited:
The last time I was in Orlando I went to a Target. It was like a P99 without P-Fresh and Latino designation or whatever (everything was also in spanish) and they hadn't been right-sized. It was dirty and dark and just yuck. :(

P97 perhaps? I don't think there was a P99. I know there was the 80s decor and then came the 97 decor with the color worlds. P01, P04, P07, P09 and the new P11 otherwise known as P fresh.

P97 perhaps? I don't think there was a P99. I know there was the 80s decor and then came the 97 decor with the color worlds. P01, P04, P07, P09 and the new P11 otherwise known as P fresh.
AHHH thats what I meant, thank you!

Those stores got P-fresh updates? They just canceled our's even though we are crushing last year's sales.

The latest stupidity from them was "If you guy's are doing really well then we aren't going to touch it." Wal-Mart just finished their reconstruction of a super store about two miles away.

Sucks that those stores closed though, I hate it when people lose their jobs.

Those stores got P-fresh updates? They just canceled our's even though we are crushing last year's sales.

The latest stupidity from them was "If you guy's are doing really well then we aren't going to touch it." Wal-Mart just finished their reconstruction of a super store about two miles away.

Sucks that those stores closed though, I hate it when people lose their jobs.

The ones that are closing? I don't know about the other three but the Glisan Target was just a standard GM store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back