Archived Spot? Spot? Are you there Spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I put up almost 40 rainchecks and subs. Yesterday I put up more than 50. The day before was around 40. Just me...I don't know how many others were put up, but I do know there were at least 2 others making them. I can't remember ever being out of so many sale items, so I thought about it.

My StL tells me that corporate cut our weekly Instocks hours by 25%. We were staffed to need prior to that - and just barely making it. We haven't completed our task list in more than a month. I figure that I must have spent at minimum an average of 8 hours each week just putting up r/c and subs. Wouldn't it be better if those 8 hours could be spent getting product that we actually have in the store out to the floor or into the system as a "need" instead of putting up what amounts to apology notes throughout our store? How is cutting the hours alloted to basically restock the floor by executing research a cost effective measure? How is it helpful to have the Instocks team have to work the reshop that the skeleton closing team could not finish and work the pulls before being able to scan any areas? 4 hours was barely enough time to get through the entire store before. I'm pretty sure that we still have the same number of aisles that we had last year. The task list doesn't get shorter - in fact it is longer now because of the number of RIGs driven by the unfilled floor. Only 1 tm is ever scheduled to work the PTM task list once the scans are complete, but the majority of that time is now spent putting up substitution signs. Yes, the salesfloor can ptm an aisle, but the 2 that are scheduled are putting up salesplans or working pulls. As far as I know so far they are unaware that there IS a ptm task list, so they randomly choose aisles to make a quick fix for a smart huddle (a ridiculous concept when there are so few sftms) The clearance pulls are outrageously large because the discontinued items are still in the backroom. Once it's finally marked, it sits and waits to be pushed to the floor by an already overtaxed salesfloor team. Sometimes a second markdown occurs before it has even hit the floor. Everything I've learned at Target tells me that any clearance amounts to a profit loss. How is this a cost effective measure? I could go on with the domino effect of this decision, but you get the idea. Yes, I know that retail slows down at this time of the year, but if the store has no product the guests will find other options to make their purchases. As one who shops, I can tell you that finding a place that carries the product you want and has it consistently in stock will be the new destination point. I'm a stockholder in this company and I, for one, would like to understand your rationale. I assume fewer or less satisfied guests is not your goal so I'd really like to figure out how this will ultimately result in more and happier guests

I so feel your pain. On the rare occasion we have been able to shoot, the store is such a disaster it's impossible to do it accurately. I want a team of ten. Start in A1, zone to planogram, exf, pull it , push it, then stand alone research it for every aisle in the store because they all look like garbage. And then I woke up...

OFF TOPIC BUT RELATED
I wonder why the product is not in the store also. I am in a low volume store. But does it really have to be low volume? If we got the ad stock in it would sell. Ad stock that people want, not that ridiculous Neman Marcus stuff that never really sold I mean real product. Especially around Christmas time. We get a line to the back of our store, people want the ad product but we only get 3 or 4 of the advertised TVs etc.

OFF TOPIC BUT RELATED
I wonder why the product is not in the store also. I am in a low volume store. But does it really have to be low volume? If we got the ad stock in it would sell. Ad stock that people want, not that ridiculous Neman Marcus stuff that never really sold I mean real product. Especially around Christmas time. We get a line to the back of our store, people want the ad product but we only get 3 or 4 of the advertised TVs etc.

Some of the really good ad product isn't profitable for Target. It's purpose is to get people in the store to buy other things, etc. All Target has to do is say "Limited Quanitites/Subjet to avail." and they are off the hook.

Welcome to retail tactics lol.

That explains the holes in even a high-vol store like mine.
Stinks.

but we're all assuming we're there to sell things and make a profit. we're not. we're there as placeholders in a long spreadsheet for stockholders. you think they care that we're out of stock? nope. they still get theirs, and by the time it's seriously crashing, they already knew and are long gone. they have no personal vestment in what happens to the stores.
mom and pop business model was more than a family trying to make ends meet... they had to care. businesses now don't. the people up top don't have a chain of command, don't have to be fiscally responsible, and if they royally screw up, they just move on to another million dollar gig. ron johnson, for example. and the scary thing is, if you read about jcp's change of command, bill ackman pulled a lot of strings (remember the vote a few years ago---pershing square, all that?). i dunno. i guess i've just lost faith. for me to love what i do, i have to believe i make a difference, even a small one, no matter what the job is. now at target, i feel like a i've been prostituted out to some dirty old man in an endless cycle of shame.

but we're all assuming we're there to sell things and make a profit. we're not. we're there as placeholders in a long spreadsheet for stockholders. you think they care that we're out of stock? nope. they still get theirs, and by the time it's seriously crashing, they already knew and are long gone. they have no personal vestment in what happens to the stores.
mom and pop business model was more than a family trying to make ends meet... they had to care. businesses now don't. the people up top don't have a chain of command, don't have to be fiscally responsible, and if they royally screw up, they just move on to another million dollar gig. ron johnson, for example. and the scary thing is, if you read about jcp's change of command, bill ackman pulled a lot of strings (remember the vote a few years ago---pershing square, all that?). i dunno. i guess i've just lost faith. for me to love what i do, i have to believe i make a difference, even a small one, no matter what the job is. now at target, i feel like a i've been prostituted out to some dirty old man in an endless cycle of shame.

so true, dek!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back