Archived Stabbing in Target store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it against policy to be interviewed by the press?

How s ray it must have been.

My old TV station used to do a number of news stories at one of my stores.

Usually if it is a positive or charitable story in view of Target, the STL/LOD or selected TMs are allowed to be interviewed. If it is a story of a negative nature or of an incident, then the STL has to call the DTL or Corp for approval.

When the whole Salvation Army ordeal first went down, my entire store was told to never talk to the press. And to forward any questions to the STL or ETL-HR.

More than likely, this Team Member was walking out of the store and the press asked her what happened.

The guy who "took" me for a ride got away and apparently came back and moved down a parking lot to Albertsons. He has upgraded his hostile actions to getting into people's cars that people leave unlocked (which is everybody).

At this point, either we should hire more police or let us have mace in the store.

I saw the Target media policy chart once

it was sorted by red/yellow/green (surprise) with subjects you were allowed to talk about without permission to the press (green), with permission (yellow) and never (red).

I imagine the green list is mighty short unless it was a glowing review of corp.

At this point, either we should hire more police or let us have mace in the store.

Someone didn't read the revised employee handbook. the added "except where permitted by law" at the end of the no weapons paragraph. Obviously this was meant to allow Concealed carry with permits, but depending how you define "permitted by law", anything not banned by law is defacto permitted by law. As long as you live in a state where pepper spray isn't normally illegal for civilian use, you're technically allowed to have it. Granted I fully expect spot to fire anybody that uses a weapon defensively, as that's standard operating procedure for most businesses, but just having it on you shouldn't be a violation of policy anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back