Archived STandard work process and trainings

Status
Not open for further replies.

notfit05

Trainer/ clerical / inbound D.C. /
any other dcs retraining or rolling out the new standard work process ? How’s it going so far any improvements ? Changes to the suggested behaviors / processes I’ve taken one entire shift through it in groups of 4-6 and about to go over to an overtime shift to do the same and help them catch up on training newhires and recent hires due to a lack of a trainer

The majority of Warehouse's standard work is alright. Some of the changes are downright silly. Cartonairre must rip off labels at each location, instead of just continuously working down the label strip? Non-con cartonairre can only have 3-5 dcpi's/cart? Now there's a glaring inefficiency.

Inbound is basically what we already know with a few new beahaviors they want to implement but pretty much just reinforcing previous training then again these policies were written by like the top 5 performing buildings most of which don’t even have the same design and layout of inbound as we do... our building is almost 30 years old

They rolled that out and said they were going to through 1 different standard work process every couple weeks. Hasn’t happened yet.
I am the trainer for my shift and another shift ( they presently have none ) I took groups of 6 through the standard work “class” takes roughly an hour and a half per group depending on questions and participation

We saw immediate results in increased production within a day and it’s still improving

Wow we have heard nothing since the dma on standard work. The only class we had was safety school.

Wow we have heard nothing since the dma on standard work. The only class we had was safety school.
Yeah we took all existing team members through safety school as well as temps and any incoming new hires . We also are putting our temps through standard work process as well. The first week (3 Days) we met our goals on cph / prod / plan as well as putting 90 hours “in the bank” or excess hours of prod and I’d credit the majority of it to the retraining process

Not sure if I believe the OP is a real warehouse worker and not an OM. Clearly drinking the Target juice. Standard work was talked about for literally 1 hour and then swept under the rug. It's done absolutely nothing for production increase.

We are starting that soon. Or at least that’s what they said at startup. Just another way to turn us into robots and dehumanize us as employees.

Not sure if I believe the OP is a real warehouse worker and not an OM. Clearly drinking the Target juice. Standard work was talked about for literally 1 hour and then swept under the rug. It's done absolutely nothing for production increase.
No not an om yet although I’m working towards it. Still probably 8-12 months away from that . They also put a big screen tv on each art line to show cph cpm downtime and how we were tracking minute to minute and overall for the night they thought it would assist or encourage better production .

We had those months ago but they have since just been hanging there unused. The oms have gotten lazy and haven’t been putting in the goal into the program. The funny thing is is that they got the TVs from amazon!

We had those months ago but they have since just been hanging there unused. The oms have gotten lazy and haven’t been putting in the goal into the program. The funny thing is is that they got the TVs from amazon!
I’ve noticed out tech guy with an amazon box on his chariot or by his door often, our oms are great about posting the goal usually within the first 30 mins of shift on the screens we have two per shift now typically, one om also used one of those Halloween heavyweight wrestling belts and awarded to which ever art set had the highest cpm at end of each break then after a week straight which ever set had it the most signed it etc . Just a way to try and make it more competitive or fun

The majority of Warehouse's standard work is alright. Some of the changes are downright silly. Cartonairre must rip off labels at each location, instead of just continuously working down the label strip? Non-con cartonairre can only have 3-5 dcpi's/cart? Now there's a glaring inefficiency.

We don't have that. I rip off my labels but only because I learned to pull labels faster by the bottom of the strip so that's how I peel.

We have carts in the aisles now so the tugger has to basically watch everyone like a hawk and because of that the required prod has been raised from 180 per hour to 220 per hour.

On the nonconveyable front we did require maximum 5 DPCIs per NonCon cart but now we are doing the opposite. We pile them up but still keep each DPCI together and so far it has raised the prod of Outbound Sorters because they can keep rolling off the same cart for a good while. I pick NC XS and they never had a limit on that, because I would have been giving them 20 carts with each cart having only 5 cartons/bags in it. Be careful what you wish for...

We had screens installed in front of Safety School. One screen for each department and one for the whole building. They told us, "Now we will pull together and know what's happening in real time and how it affects each other!"

That was before Christmas. And now...

...the faux wall & screens are gone.

One man's dream is another man's we don't have time for this, I reckon!

Still a work in progress we have since had one other t am member promote to om for a total of about 4 team member to om within the past year to year and half

any other dcs retraining or rolling out the new standard work process ? How’s it going so far any improvements ? Changes to the suggested behaviors / processes I’ve taken one entire shift through it in groups of 4-6 and about to go over to an overtime shift to do the same and help them catch up on training newhires and recent hires due to a lack of a trainer
We just had a DMA about Standard Process. They will do one function at a time, starting with Rack Puts.

Two OMs were watching me do Full Pallet Pick the other day but I don't know if that was for Standard Process or the new Safety Audits they've been doing lately. I guess I'll find out.

Yay.

Don't know anything about how the DCs work but how come when it comes to SL repacks we can't keep 'folded' in the black and 'GOH' (garments on hangers) in the green? Wasn't that originally the reason for both?

Don't know anything about how the DCs work but how come when it comes to SL repacks we can't keep 'folded' in the black and 'GOH' (garments on hangers) in the green? Wasn't that originally the reason for both?
The green repack boxes don’t come from a dc they come prepacked to us from the udc basically just pass through out building and onto your stores trailer. Therefore we can’t control that aspect

The green repack boxes don’t come from a dc they come prepacked to us from the udc basically just pass through out building and onto your stores trailer. Therefore we can’t control that aspect
On that note; what does your DC do with green boxes that need researched? Ours sometimes end up in Warehousing DePal Rework and I'm not trained in researching these so I take them to Inbound Rework because Inbound threw them and Inbound Rework takes them to Outbound because they figure once it gets to Outbound it becomes the problem of Outbound. And round and round we go!

Similar on ISIs. If I have a few, I will research Inbound Flow labels but if alot, then I only research ours and Inbound's Flow labels go straight to a pile in the Inbound Packing Office as per a Warehousing OM who said we don't have time to do their research too.

On that note; what does your DC do with green boxes that need researched? Ours sometimes end up in Warehousing DePal Rework and I'm not trained in researching these so I take them to Inbound Rework because Inbound threw them and Inbound Rework takes them to Outbound because they figure once it gets to Outbound it becomes the problem of Outbound. And round and round we go!

Similar on ISIs. If I have a few, I will research Inbound Flow labels but if alot, then I only research ours and Inbound's Flow labels go straight to a pile in the Inbound Packing Office as per a Warehousing OM who said we don't have time to do their research too.
If the label isnt on the green box you can do a reprint by scanning the white barcode on the side of the box, if that isn’t present or doesn’t work I’ve typically been told to toss the box on a high volume stores trailer .. Sad I know but we have no way to truly research it without an external label as we have no bill or anything for the udc trailer

If the label isnt on the green box you can do a reprint by scanning the white barcode on the side of the box, if that isn’t present or doesn’t work I’ve typically been told to toss the box on a high volume stores trailer .. Sad I know but we have no way to truly research it without an external label as we have no bill or anything for the udc trailer
Isn't this just messing up store counts? Because now Store A was supposed to get that repack worth of merchandise (and has no idea they didn't get it), but Store B got extra merch they didn't know they had?

Isn't this just messing up store counts? Because now Store A was supposed to get that repack worth of merchandise (and has no idea they didn't get it), but Store B got extra merch they didn't know they had?
Without a way to figure out where it was supposed to go the only other viable option would be to take all SSPs in the box and Reinstate them as XS-SSPs into DC inventory. I did take a green box to MBP Rework one time and the OM said he wasn't sure where they went, but not to MBP, so I guess I would have to do the Reinstating for MBP, myself.

Without a way to figure out where it was supposed to go the only other viable option would be to take all SSPs in the box and Reinstate them as XS-SSPs into DC inventory.
And sometimes you cant even do that...With some of the stuff from the UDC, it isn't even logged into our inventory systems, so when you try to ISI/IUP to get a DCPI, all you'll get is error codes, so you can't even reinstate them. So frustrating...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back