Archived Starbucks TL

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my store is undergoing remodel at the mo', and should be finished early July. Our remodel includes a Starbucks location. We're currently doing internal interviewing for the position. I'm looking to move up to a TL position, whichever it may be. I also however don't like food service. I'm trained in Target Cafe - as a GSA I'll be trained on Starbucks.

What does Starbucks TL involve? I know that they do have the regular stuff TLs are responsible for: Business Walks, Reviews, Coachings/CAs, Statuses. I also am assuming they'll be responsible for Guest Survey scores associated with Starbucks.

The thing that is holding me back is kinda sad, but its the TM level work that I don't think I'd be great in. I do aspire to at least become a TL by the time I finish college but honestly, I'm not a huge coffee guy.

Percentage wise: How do the hours turn out for a Starbucks TL? For example, how many hours a week are you scheduled off of Starbucks?

Thanks.

Depending on your stores volume, and physical location of starbucks, if your like our store you will end up working food service from time to time. given our stores structure and, ahem, varying levels of front end responsibility, often times it is starbucks covering for food ave, and vice versa.

That being said, expect full time. Our starbucks lead works 40hr/weeks. The starbucks TL schedule is same as food and every other TL in the building, rotating weekends off plus one regular day a week off.

Not to shatter your ambition or desire to move up in the company, but a bit of friendly advice. As of AE 2012, as an internal promotion TL, expect about $1.25 on top of your current wage. Maybe for you and your store it would be different, but for myself and the rest of our teamlead cohort, the extra $3 we got on top of our base pay nowhere near offsets the sheer amount of stress, frustration and anxiety you can expect from being a TL.

Starbucks is a bit unique in various way, so perhaps it wouldn't be so bad for you. Starbucks and Target have a licensing agreement, which stipulates that your workcenter MUST receive X amount of hours per week. That might help offset your stress a bit, having actual coverage. I can speak with out Sbux TL and get more info, should you want it.

Stbx tl gets visits by a stbx dtl to sure that stbx product strandards are being met. Having spot & stbx on your resume could lead to other things outside of spot. The dtl may offer you a mgr job, if they think you can do it.
Go for it!

Out of the front end TL spots, Sbux is the way to go, kinda mad I didn't apply myself. Our local Sbux DM is a great guy, and has in fact been speaking off the record to our Sbux TL about transitioning to a managerial position at an actual Sbux. By all means, go for it. I just didn't want you to be in for a rude awakening as a TL, but then again I'm bitter and jaded like the rest of us TL's :D

Stbx tl gets visits by a stbx dtl to sure that stbx product strandards are being met. Having spot & stbx on your resume could lead to other things outside of spot. The dtl may offer you a mgr job, if they think you can do it.
Go for it!

My store's Starbucks TL works 40 hours and occasionally covers Food Ave and the lanes (she used to be a GSTL). She also does HR when our HR TL is on vacation, but only because she worked in HR before she became a TL.

After spending the last 4 mos in FA, my TL now says they want me to learn Starbux too :O
The SBTL is pretty laid-back but says he answers to both Target & Starbux so it's a balancing act.
Just when I was felling good about FA....

After spending the last 4 mos in FA, my TL now says they want me to learn Starbux too :O
The SBTL is pretty laid-back but says he answers to both Target & Starbux so it's a balancing act.
Just when I was felling good about FA....

I'm sure you'll do great, redeye. I've heard Starbucks is a lot more interesting than FA anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back