Still Not Terminated

So, interestingly enough, I'm not terminated in Workday yet. Been 3-weeks since I was told I was terminated by the SD.
This post is related back to my thread - What happens to your Target 401K if terminated? - https://www.thebreakroom.org/threads/what-happens-to-your-target-401k-if-terminated.29626/
For those of you that need context read above⬆️

They removed my access to the system to do stuff like view team performance, but I'm not terminated, at least officially in Workday.
The HR Expert (Who I was friends with) was even nice enough to approve my vacation requests. I had put in the day before I knew I was getting fired so I could use all my hours because I knew if I hadn't done that, I would lose all my hours.

They been removed my schedule but I did get paid for the holiday this past Juneteenth as well, which was nice. The 8 Paid hours.
I don't really know what they're waiting for in terms of terminating me in Workday or why it's taking so long, I'm just waiting for them to do it because I already found multiple other jobs and will be taking one soon, which means I'm going to need them to mail my 401K paperwork, but I have to be terminated before they do that according to the ETL HR.

Only thing I can think is maybe the SD didn't have full approval so they're making it look like I quit, rather than got terminated...or maybe it has to do with the hotline reports I filled. I really don't know...
Does anyone have any ideas? Not like I can reach out to them and ask...to be honest I want nothing to do with that store or talking to anyone there.

How much vacation time? You could be considered still working there if you are "on vacation" right now.
I asked the HR Expert to approve around 63 hours or so for me because I knew I was probably terminated the day before I got terminated.
I know Target doesn't let you keep these hours so this was done on the side just because I asked. Def shouldn't have gotten my hours tho.

Last edited:
I asked the HR Expert to approve around 63 hours or so for me because I knew I was probably terminated the day before I got terminated.
I know Target doesn't let you keep these hours so this was done on the side just because I asked. Def shouldn't have gotten my hours tho.
You owe your hr friend a real nice dinner.

Lucky you gettingnyour vacation time in there. We've had several tms in the past that were fired, but they never put in the paperwork and somehow the tms came back and started working again 🤣. Only good thing about my state is we get paid out for vacation time if I leave or get fired.

Lucky you gettingnyour vacation time in there. We've had several tms in the past that were fired, but they never put in the paperwork and somehow the tms came back and started working again 🤣. Only good thing about my state is we get paid out for vacation time if I leave or get fired.
I would say maybe they forgot to do my Paperwork, but considering I was a Closing TL with all the access I had, I highly doubt that.
@Hardlinesmaster Thought I was an Inbound TL but that was just cover story, really I was Closing TL. Just couldn't reveal any detail like that until now as now it doesn't matter. In all fairness, I was the Inbound TL though before I got moved to Closing TL.
They did remove any access I had to my team in Workday I can't view performance anymore but the system still shows me as "Active" and not "Terminated".
It's really strange...

They took away the ability for Non-Exempts to see any TM info, learning, applicants, etc. . . (on personal devices) quite recently, so that is not anything to judge by. It could be a couple of things. 1, the vacation thing. If your HRE put in for 63 hours of vacation on the 8th, they would have had to put it in for when your weren't scheduled, so 18th - 1st. This would mean you are still active and working. 2, there has been some kind of hold due to hotline calls (seems super unlikely). 3, ETLHR feels bad, sees the vacation time, and doesn't term until those weeks are over so that your can keep it.

Are you able to sign in to Mytime Mobile? That should show if you are keyed for vacation this week.

They took away the ability for Non-Exempts to see any TM info, learning, applicants, etc. . . (on personal devices) quite recently, so that is not anything to judge by. It could be a couple of things. 1, the vacation thing. If your HRE put in for 63 hours of vacation on the 8th, they would have had to put it in for when your weren't scheduled, so 18th - 1st. This would mean you are still active and working. 2, there has been some kind of hold due to hotline calls (seems super unlikely). 3, ETLHR feels bad, sees the vacation time, and doesn't term until those weeks are over so that your can keep it.

Are you able to sign in to Mytime Mobile? That should show if you are keyed for vacation this week.
Yeah those are good points, in all honesty it could be any of those...
June 11th - 17th I'm keyed for 37 hours of vacation & the week after June 18th - June 24th the rest were keyed 26 hours. Totaling to around the 63 I had.
Pay period ended this past Saturday so all hours were keyed before this paycheck was dropped on Monday payroll day.

And yes you are right about the ETL HR feeling bad. They were totally against my termination, likely part of the reason the SD excluded them & went to HRBP... I guess showed too much bias.

Eh, em, almost 2 months since terminated, still "active" in Workday. Makes total sense...

Imma need my 401K money out, so I need them to hurry so I can get mailed my 401K paperwork.

Eh, em, almost 2 months since terminated, still "active" in Workday. Makes total sense...

Imma need my 401K money out, so I need them to hurry so I can get mailed my 401K paperwork.
You would need to contact your store/Target directly. This site is not owned or monitored by Target. If you are hoping Target would somehow stumble upon your post and key in your termination, you’ll be waiting and wasting time…

Last edited:
Back