Archived STL tells you your not efficient at doing your job

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would you handle it? The STL is Rookie Blue and has no clue.

Working in P-Fresh. The new STL tell the TL that we work to slow and are not efficient at doing your job. I'm sorry that checking the dates on each item is to time consuming. So the new STL is going to have the Flow team start to push P-Fresh/Frozen. Let just say if the flow team will put up a damage can of food on the shelf. Do you think that the flow team will look at the dates.

So as a flow team member. You are responcable for getting the truck unloaded and to fully pushed the truck before 10. So they want you to do 6hrs work in 4hrs. Since thats the flow team only works from 6-10 and no one really wants to stay after 10. Because of the way they are treated. You also have to make sure you zone the area you are working in as you push the items that are being bowled out to you. The team has about 20 or less real flow team members on it (15 on a good day) and the rest are pulled from planogram and instock salefloor. But they go back to there original job at 8am. All of the Planogrram and Infloor Sales team are Women. About 90% are over 50. And they really don't what to push the truck, Because they didn't get hired for that and didn't agree to do it. So why should they work.

The truck is about 2200 and the only things that get done are High and low Market, Pets, Chem's, HBA (sometimes) and B side (Not including Low B#)

As the person who breaks down the P-Fresh pallets for market you are responcable for seperating the item onto different cages or flats (yogurt, meats, cheese, etc). Making sure that they have a cardboard bin, taking the blue wooden pallets and the milk crates outside, backstocking and doing the milk.

The P-Fresh Team comes in at 10am. But you can't start breaking the pallet down before 10am. So the P-Fresh Team doesn't have anything to do for about 30 mins while the pallet is getting broken down. To be more efficient at the P-Fresh job the pallet must be broken down before the team comes in at 10am. But that mean that a team member from flow who is responable for breaking down the pallet can't stay and continue to push flow items on the floor.

Here are some more rants
1) STL ask what is taking you so long. When you have to find it, Becasue teh whole store is flexed.
2) STL tells you your not efficient at doing your job. Working to slow.
3) Asked the STL for a backstock cart since he came to the store. Since i don't have a proper one. I did use a pallet. Gave me the run around. So now i just put the products on the floor.
4) My TL doesn't take the backstock to the backroom. I have to pull it back
5) My TL don't clean up any chemical spills.
6) If you have a problem and tell the HR person. They will tell other people in the store.
7) TL tell you that you don't need a PDA to do repack. You should know where everything is.

Last edited:
Not to sound like I'm drinking the Kool-Aid, but ask your STL how he/she for suggestions on how you could be more efficient in your job.

If my new STL comes in and says the same thing I will give him a long list and the time periods of everything I do in Pfresh, some of which arent even techincally in Market or Pfresh related, like for example grabbing carts, back up cashiering, working huddle outside market, etc.

Those time sucks like "smart huddles" easily suck 45min to an hour of the day.. Backing up also sucks 15-45min at a shot, so worst case you are two hours down in an 8hr shift.. But nope you still have time to get 8hrs of market work done.. If you break the space and time continuum.

How I explained to an STL who wanted questioned why some of my In-Stocks stuff wasn't done.. Not going to happen when you steal 2hrs out of my shift.. I haven't heard from him since..

A very sincere tone and a request for a demonstration of how to go about doing the job faster works well up to one point.
That's the point where they are trying to get rid of you.
Start writing everything down.
What has been dragging you away from getting your work done?
Make sure you have that written down so if they try to call you on it you have backup.

Nothing says FAST, FUN & FRIENDLY then when your STL tells your TL that their team isn't efficient at doing your job. And your TL then tells you. Makes you feel like crap.

@StaticSun: The STL doesn't have clue how to things run. The STL doesn't think we should rotate the food by date.

@pfreshdude: With working P-Fresh. I don't have time to collect cart & i'm not trained to be a cashier. Because i'm a flow team member. We are excluded from the daily huddles. Never been to one and i don't think it will change.

@commiecorvus: You get alot of UMM from the STL when you ask them a question. If the STL isn't the LOD on duty for the day they tell you to ask the LOD on duty. It's more of a "I'm just the STL not the LOD. I don't have a clue"

I would be nice to bring in a little book and write everything down and make them sign it with it for the time i started and ended doing something. I think that would piss them off more.

Nothing says FAST, FUN & FRIENDLY then when your STL tells your TL that their team isn't efficient at doing your job. And your TL then tells you. Makes you feel like crap.

@StaticSun: The STL doesn't have clue how to things run. The STL doesn't think we should rotate the food by date.

@pfreshdude: With working P-Fresh. I don't have time to collect cart & i'm not trained to be a cashier. Because i'm a flow team member. We are excluded from the daily huddles. Never been to one and i don't think it will change.

@commiecorvus: You get alot of UMM from the STL when you ask them a question. If the STL isn't the LOD on duty for the day they tell you to ask the LOD on duty. It's more of a "I'm just the STL not the LOD. I don't have a clue"

I would be nice to bring in a little book and write everything down and make them sign it with it for the time i started and ended doing something. I think that would piss them off more.

The thing is, you need to play by their rules. Ask them what you're doing "wrong", and then do what they say. If they tell you to dye the bananas purple, you better do grab some purple dye and start working.

The thing is, you need to play by their rules. Ask them what you're doing "wrong", and then do what they say. If they tell you to dye the bananas purple, you better do grab some purple dye and start working.

But Target doesn't sell dye. :D

Well I've only been working at target for 2 months and 2 weeks yet since I started working after training the ETL has been a total bitch the whole time to me because I'm still in my learning phase and she gets annoyed that I don't know everything yet.. umm I have never worked in the position I am in and she expects me to know everything??? When she started working at Target did she quickly know everything about it?? Seriously. I was promised that I would work at least 20 hours a week and she only gave me a few hours a week?? Now I was called in for a second meeting with her and I know the final would be a termination because I don't think she likes me at all and I don't even know why. I have been nothing but nice to everyone at Target but it seems they don't like nice people? They like big bitches? so I don't know what to do now?? I love what the work entails and I have been learning everything so quickly. I feel like I can't even have a personal meeting to discuss everything with her because she wants everything done fast and talking about work would put me on the clock? I don't even know! Should I just quit???

Do you think it was ok for the STL to to do that to a person with a disabily and ahould they call the Target hotline

Do you think it was ok for the STL to to do that to a person with a disabily and ahould they call the Target hotline

The really dumb thing about the hotline is that even if the complaint involves store leadership the hotline call goes directly to the STL first anyway. They'll do their required "investigation" and miraculously find that the claim is unfounded. It's a joke of a process. If you want to create a minor headache for your STL and a token amount of work for them then go for it but if you're expecting meaningful change, look elsewhere.

I used the hotline once when I used to be an APL to report an ETL who was holding clearance in the back room for herself. I had already told my APBP about it and she brushed it off so I decided to call the hotline. The only thing that ever happened was my STL mentioned in an unrelated meeting regarding my APL responsibilities that she might have me look into a hotline call that she received. She never ended up giving me anything to look into though so she either figured out it was me that made the call or decided not to do anything about it. The ETL still worked for the company years later as I saw her at a different store a while after I had left my old store.

There are a ton of variables on that.
Did the STL know the TM had a disability?
Has ADA paperwork been filed with HR?
Was the comment made directly in reference to the disability or only the job performance?
Calling the hot line has all kinds of potential for blowback and it has to be worth the trouble.
Write down the comments, if they seem to be aimed directly at you and your disability the call will be in order .
But you want a pattern not just one comment and you need everything written down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back