Archived STLs who are not promotable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all! In the last couple of months, I have seen "granfather-in" STL's getting termed because they are not promotable. In my District, we lost 4 STL and the one connection with the four is the lack of the college degre since they were grandfather in with the company. My ETl told me that Target does not want STl who are not promotable. It can be just a rumor but has anyone notice a sequence of this In your districts?

I believe the actual terms are "promotable" and "professional"... professional is the nice way of saying they want you to stay at the level you are on! I have not noticed any "professional" STLs or ETLs getting termed in my district, at least not out of the ordinary! I do notice tenured leaders leaving sometimes, but it is often because they just refuse to adapt with the changes Target is implementing (at least in my area).

Hello all! In the last couple of months, I have seen "granfather-in" STL's getting termed because they are not promotable. In my District, we lost 4 STL and the one connection with the four is the lack of the college degre since they were grandfather in with the company. My ETl told me that Target does not want STl who are not promotable. It can be just a rumor but has anyone notice a sequence of this In your districts?

This is actually true.... I worked with Target all the way through the 1990's and early 80's.

When they started the degree requirement, they let anyone who made it to ETL/STL stay.... but a few years after they really got serious about the 4 year degree requirement, they "cleaned house" of any ETLs/STLs in the company that didn't have a degree.

I am amazed your distrct still had any left.... As far as I knew, they either found ways to term them all or got them to quit/demote to TL years ago.

I remember when they "cleaned house" at my store.... All of our ETLs (literally every single one) had been with the company over 20 years and didn't have degrees. All of a sudden, within 6 months they were all systematically termed and replaced with 20 something year olds out of college. It was pretty shocking being around back then. That's when my eyes first started opening as far as seeing what Target was capable of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back