Store closing indefinitely

Hi, our store may be closing indefinitely to fix some problems with how the store was built. Not due to sales or anything of that nature. Has anyone on here experienced something like this? I guess we would get unemployment?

Edit: our store would reopen after they fix the problems. At least at this point

Last edited:
When Lake Street was temporarily closed after the riots last year, I know leadership was reassigned to other district stores until they were needed back for remodel wrap up. Can't speak to if that was true for TMs too as we didn't have any them at my store.

when our store had to be rebuilt, people had two choices. transfer to different target store temporarily then come back to the new rebuilt store. or you can take the severance pay package. but since your store is closing not sure if you will get the chance to transfer to another store.

Target closes stores every year as they build new stores. At least prior to Covid. In my experience with a store that permanently closed near us those TM’s were offered a severance package or a new position at a transfer store. The store that took the transfers also received increased payroll for a limited time to make up for this. As time went on and turnover happened things leveled out.

Our store drops power regularly and water problems too. One T L already transferring.

You mean like when they dim the lights and kill the a/c when it's really hot? Or something different? What kind of water probs?

Back