Archived Store wont give us a fan for truck unload :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
last year our fan( a small crappy one that we req, from the store) broke, was just a floor one we hooked a giant cord up to and threw in the trailer, this year we asked for a new one, after a month of yelling we were told AP said its a safety hazard to have it on the trailer floor :wacko: told our ETL to get one that bolts to the wall, but i guess a fan costs to much. Anyone else just stuck sweating it out on unload? kinda figure the only way we will get one is if someone passes out mid unload

hmmm,hate to get started on this, I do not know why our flow team put up with their working conditions,while we actually have fans that are very good,for safety reasons they are placed in such a way that they do not blow into the truck,I have seen our unloaders come out and they look like they have been in a shower,it's Florida in the Summertime.

We have a fan that is attached to the wall next to the truck unload door, and it swivels around, so that it blows inside of the truck while we work. When we're done or don't need it, we just push it around so it's not in the way. We would die in there without it!

We have a fan that is attached to the wall next to the truck unload door, and it swivels around, so that it blows inside of the truck while we work. When we're done or don't need it, we just push it around so it's not in the way. We would die in there without it!

We have the same thing.
It has a light attached and their is one per loading dock.
I would have thought these would be standard equipment for any store.
Maybe your STL can order one through TIPP.

We have the same thing.
It has a light attached and their is one per loading dock.
I would have thought these would be standard equipment for any store.
Maybe your STL can order one through TIPP.

ive seen pictures of them when i asked our sft about it, he passed it up but they said it costs to much....

Each dock door should have a swinging arm with a light and fan on it, this is prototype for all Targets. TIPP will sometimes have them in stock at around $250 a pop, or they can be gotten through Target's Grainger mini-site. Grainger also has Air Circulators(industrial pedestal fan) in the $150-300 range. Make sure everyone is complaining about "store comfort" at chat sessions and huddles to your TL, ETL-HR and STL. If enough noise is made, they should give in. Your SFT will be the one to put it up, so see if they can push the issue as it is a missing asset you should have.

Each dock door should have a swinging arm with a light and fan on it, this is prototype for all Targets. TIPP will sometimes have them in stock at around $250 a pop, or they can be gotten through Target's Grainger mini-site. Grainger also has Air Circulators(industrial pedestal fan) in the $150-300 range. Make sure everyone is complaining about "store comfort" at chat sessions and huddles to your TL, ETL-HR and STL. If enough noise is made, they should give in. Your SFT will be the one to put it up, so see if they can push the issue as it is a missing asset you should have.

The store comfort/safety is a big one.
Like Mule said bring it up at the huddles and in the chat sessions every chance you get.
Don't keep working under dangerous conditions.

O / P -- your SFT cant scare you up one or two ????

In a pinch -- 2 -- 20" X 20" box fans can be clamped up in the trailers corners - works pretty good --

Last edited:
Don't keep working under dangerous conditions.

This is the key. It's not an exaggeration--and the Integrity Hotline would not think it was an exaggeration, either. Give them a ring and let them know that you asked for one and were told they were too expensive and you'd just have to suck it up and sweat it out. You'll have one within a week, I'd bet.

This is the key. It's not an exaggeration--and the Integrity Hotline would not think it was an exaggeration, either. Give them a ring and let them know that you asked for one and were told they were too expensive and you'd just have to suck it up and sweat it out. You'll have one within a week, I'd bet.

keep bringing it up. i do the TIPP orders for signing and fixtures and dropping $250 on a fan would be a drop in the bucket. Your SFT probably orders things that cost this much all the time. Bring it up to your TL, ETL, etc in order. If no one is hearing you see if you can have a chat with your STL. If you exhaust everything else you can call the hotline, since that should be a basic store item. Also, get with your fellow team members. If it is just you they might dismiss you easily. If everyone is talking about it, it will be harder to ignore. And one of them might just go ahead and call the hotline anyway (idk about your store but we always have some people who are just itching to call the hotline for anything) and they can't come down just on you since it is an issue the entire team is wrapped up in. Good luck.

just be thankfull that they haven't taken the light away yet. that costs money too ya know!

we have a broken dock leveler thing right now, been that way for over a year :/ 95% of the time it wont go all the way down so it sits up at a nice high angle. So much fun trying to get a pallet of water over it

i'd say keep complaining about it and throw the "best practice" line in to. I know there required to have functional fans and lights for all trailers when there loaded.

we had this big crazy fan for the unload, but another TM accidentally broke off the string to turn it on and off, since then we just go without it. but its stupid, when they told us we will be getting a few more fans for the unload, we didn't think that they would instal fans on the further end of the line instead of putting it near the front by the truck. even more stupider, we have fans constantly blowing in random parts of the backroom where no one works.

we have a broken dock leveler thing right now, been that way for over a year :/ 95% of the time it wont go all the way down so it sits up at a nice high angle. So much fun trying to get a pallet of water over it

SFT should be fixing that. Constantly be putting in workorders until it gets done.

yeah, an anonymous integrity hotline call may be in order - they will get you one then, and no one will figure out which one of you called them. problem solved. sorry to hear your store is that cheap to chance team member's health for 250 bucks. Plus, the fan will probably increase productivity...and they'll make the 250 back. But whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back