Archived Stores Closing

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store is one of the first opened and ain't getting shut down anytime soon.

22 registers and they still had to close ... wow
If you look closely, there don't seem to be any more past lane 5. Is that where they would normally put in self checkouts or something like that?

Columbus Ohio on nov 1st. West broad st.

I am just nirth of Columbus. Didnt know this it is very sad.

West is that near Tuttle mall or closer to Polaris center ? Haven't been to Columbus in about 8 years but lived there from 2001 to 2005.

Polaris & Tuttle mall are north of Columbus. The Columbus store is located next Westland Mall(closed too).

http://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/news/2015/11/03/target-closing-13-stores-2016.html
The 13 Target stores closing in 2016 are:

• Casa Grande, Ariz.
  • Victorville, Calif.
  • Suncoast Pasco County in Odessa, Fla.
  • Dixie Highway in Louisville, Ky.
  • Anderson, Ind.
  • Ottumwa, Iowa
  • East Flint in Flint, Mich.
  • New Ulm, Minn.
  • Springfield, Ohio
  • Columbus Southwest in Columbus, Ohio
  • Austin North East in Austin, Texas
  • Milwaukee, Wis.
  • Superior, Wis.
I knew about W. Broad in Columbus being slated to close because a team member at my store is married to a team member at that store, but I didn't know about the Columbus SW one being slated to close. That makes me sad, they were the store my store's core team (including me) trained at before our building was finished. The team there was super patient and accomadating with us. I learned my best zoning tips from some of their hardlines team. Both of those stores are in my group/district. :(

I knew about W. Broad in Columbus being slated to close because a team member at my store is married to a team member at that store, but I didn't know about the Columbus SW one being slated to close. That makes me sad, they were the store my store's core team (including me) trained at before our building was finished. The team there was super patient and accomadating with us. I learned my best zoning tips from some of their hardlines team. Both of those stores are in my group/district. :(
My gf worked at the west broad store. To my knowledge west broad and Columbus southwest are the same store.

Columbus SW is the location on W. Broad. It is an original Greatland that has seen no renovations since opening and is also in a declining retail area.

Columbus SW is the location on W. Broad. It is an original Greatland that has seen no renovations since opening and is also in a declining retail area.
Still, even when our building was open to team members, their team was a godsend during Plan-O-Rama.

The Flint Target is closing today, you better stock up on bottled water! What an awful situation there.

The Flint Target is closing today, you better stock up on bottled water! What an awful situation there.

I know that the closure was planned well before the water crisis was general knowledge but damn, this is like a slap in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back