Archived Stores compliance

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I over heard my STL talking today and apparently starting in June when stores have a steritech visit steritech will also perform a stores compliance visit. Guessing spot had to many fines issued. How do you think your store will fair? I see some leadership changes occurring in mine if this is true.

Compliance for what? And fines from who?

as regards backstock etc they have always done that at our store,esim won't be a problem but pricing labels would a disaster for us.

They will check esim for the entire store. Backroom food have guest service ect. They will also be making sure price labels are correct. For instance if the labor says 2.99 but the product scan at a different price s fine would occur. Also signs for promotional offers will need to be accurate

as regards backstock etc they have always done that at our store,esim won't be a problem but pricing labels would a disaster for us.

Not sure how your store does it but our store we have a group from HQ come once a year to check esim other than that it's left up to the etls which never gets done. I agree pricing labels will be what gets us the most

The once a year thing is an assessment and anyone who fails that is an idiot because you know a month before the date they are coming,of course it is always possible that your esim person is not told but that is unlikely because it reflects back on the etls.There are ways to handle everything and even if steritech inspect eim it generally shouldn't be any more of an issue then other depts.I thought that I read here that we were going to see less of steritech?

I was told 3 food inspections rounds this year from stritech before is was 4. We already had one so then we would only deal with these compliance issues twice.

Steritech... To make sure everything is backstocked properly and what not. No cat litter above pet food. No meats and poultry in the same location and what not.
Steritech already does that though.

Does Target get fined for having incorrect price tags or something like that? Never heard of that happening (but my state isn't very consumer-friendly).

Does Target get fined for having incorrect price tags or something like that? Never heard of that happening (but my state isn't very consumer-friendly).
Depends on the state/local laws. But some governments have what's called weights and measure departments that will do inspections. Much like health departments. They may check that checklane scales are properly weighing product (this doesn't apply much at Target, more grocery stores). They may also pull random items from the floor and make sure the scanned price matches up with the shelf price. If something is found off it can lead to anything from a warning, to a heavy fine, or even the store being shut down until the issues are fixed. It can be pretty serious.

Depends on the state/local laws. But some governments have what's called weights and measure departments that will do inspections. Much like health departments. They may check that checklane scales are properly weighing product (this doesn't apply much at Target, more grocery stores). They may also pull random items from the floor and make sure the scanned price matches up with the shelf price. If something is found off it can lead to anything from a warning, to a heavy fine, or even the store being shut down until the issues are fixed. It can be pretty serious.

My store gets fined by the county when a price label is covered up by the adhesive strip from an old sale sign. And on top of that, we have the super refund law.

Last I heard it was 1 Steritech visit every quarter (4/year), down from 6 a year. And if we're going to start getting in big trouble for incorrect pricing, my store is going to get completely screwed over. Seems like every time there's the chance of a Steritech visit, the DTL wants to visit and we're told to flex like crazy (without a portable printer because price change has them all). I don't see this going very well at all, especially combined with the steep hour cuts we're seeing right now.

Got some notes on a Steritech compliance visit.
Lots of it concerned ESIM/HAZMAT.
looked at fire doors/fixture room for safety.
Asked about WIC.
checked for expired signs in 2 valleys.
Checked SL/HL ends for prices/headers.
Checked control room log.
Asked TM about acceptable ID for alcohol purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back