Archived Stupid Vacation Time Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NPC

特別な目を開けるためにパトリックを殺す
Okay, so I've only been with Target for about 3 years now. I've never taken a vacation before, but I really want to do so and I have no clue how to do that and how to use these hours. (this is my first time doing this with retail work, hence my ignorance) According to my pay stub, I have about 40 hours of vacation time. So if I want to take a week off, can I just use up all those hours in one week? And if I do that, that is paid time, right? I'm paranoid that I'll take a week vacation, and then not have any pay from that week. And if it IS paid time off, is that pay the same wage I get paid normally?

Same wage. Go on ehr & requested time off. Amt paid is based on your average hours, do multi requests.

Look on your last paystub (or statement) & see what your avg hrs are; that will tell you how many hrs you can take off.
If it's 33 hrs, you can take 33 & the rest you can use later.
I always used mine whenever hrs were cut, adding enough to bring it up to my avg.

Look on your last paystub (or statement) & see what your avg hrs are; that will tell you how many hrs you can take off.
If it's 33 hrs, you can take 33 & the rest you can use later.
I always used mine whenever hrs were cut, adding enough to bring it up to my avg.

Awesome. Damn, I tossed out my last stub already, but it's probably about a 30 something average. I wanted to take a vacation earlier this years well while it was slow, but I just never did it. Now it's summer and I'm working 40 hours a week. Haha. Anyway thanks everyone. It's a lot simpler now than I previously thought.

Awesome. Damn, I tossed out my last stub already, but it's probably about a 30 something average. I wanted to take a vacation earlier this years well while it was slow, but I just never did it. Now it's summer and I'm working 40 hours a week. Haha. Anyway thanks everyone. It's a lot simpler now than I previously thought.

You can view it at home via eHR. My Pay -> View Pay Statements

What's the difference between paid holidays and vacation time?

You only get paid holidays if you average full-time hours (either that or you have to be a TL or higher, I can't remember which). You can earn vacation time if you average at least 20 hours.

You only get paid holidays if you average full-time hours (either that or you have to be a TL or higher, I can't remember which). You can earn vacation time if you average at least 20 hours.
Thank you kind Sir. If you don't mind me asking something else, could you tell me what would be the difference between vacation time and the normal scheduled/requested time off?

Requested time off after approval can get paid by vacation hours.
Normal scheduled time off(not requested) are unpaid hours.

so, both PH and VAC can be requested up to your normal average hours (average hours are calculated from your hiring date). So if you average 25 hours, and you work 23 hours, you could request up to 2 hours of vac time to be added to your pay for that week. Vacation and PH hours also count towards your average hours.

In terms of requesting time off, you could request unpaid time off earlier and then subsequently request to be paid for it, that way your HRM will be more likely to approve it.

However, just know that if you request 24 hours of paid time off, they could still schedule you up to 16 hours for that week (up to 40 hours combined for any request)

And the only real difference for TMs between PH and VAC is that if you get fired or quit prematurely (without waiting out your full 2 weeks) then you will only receive a payout for your vacation, and lose your PH.

If you quit and are rehire able then you can receive payouts for both your VAC and PH.

Also you can split your vacation between two weeks. Write up two different time off requests if you want to use more paid time than your average hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back