Style breakout help?

Took over a process with 37 rolled pallets of apparel. Got them caught up and Howe haven’t rolled a repack since. All about a line in the sand and how you hold them accountable. My average break out time is 10 hours a trailer so I schedule 2 5 hour shifts to break out. They always finish and they also do beauty.

The tiles are accurate believe me . My style break out recently has been from 16h to 21h sort time on doubles . And about 10-13h on single . Everyday is schedule 2 girls on singles 4h each on doubles full shift . When I got back to this store I realized they never finished especially getting to cosmetics breakout. So I found a different way of doing it . One does folded one does hanging at the same time opposes to both doing either folding or hanging together . As for cosmetic breakout my back of the line person does it at the same time with the truck if it’s not getting a lot or after the truck is done.

Does that include detail metros and rails by by brand, color, size and edging bottoms? Folding panties by brand color size n type ? Making sure metros racks r not overfilled and messy ? Or just breaking out n detrashing?

Does that include detail metros and rails by by brand, color, size and edging bottoms? Folding panties by brand color size n type ? Making sure metros racks r not overfilled and messy ?
Yes . The only exception is that my team doesn’t do panties . I told the etls that just takes to long and we are not Victoria secret lol . So the dbo for that area does the panties.

Yes . The only exception is that my team doesn’t do panties . I told the etls that just takes to long and we are not Victoria secret lol . So the dbo for that area does the panties.
Agreed, we just have our breakout team sort them by type into separate wacos so we can fold all thongs at once (for example). Even just that bit helps quite a lot.

Does inbound breakout jewelry/Accs? Also shoes? I am TL for those areas in addition to SIP and tech and Accs and Shoes are never broken out by my inbound team. I also am in a transition period where we are on boarding a DBO for Accs/Shoes so my areas are not to standard consistently as I fill the void.

If they do sort those areas how do y’all do it? I was thinking of inbound doesn’t my DBO can break shoes onto u-boat for boxes and a metro for the hanging arranged by style.

My two TM’s are scheduled 10 hours combined and they usually do finish and will push as well but my areas remain unfinished. Also quarantine a major issue. We roll it so much and then have a TM that’s a beast if we have the hours - (huge if) take care of catching us up. I floated the idea of having inbound take care of but I do believe it’s on style team and we just need to come clean and ensure every TM is working it each day. Which we have this coverage:

8am-12pm
12-4PM
2-6PM
630-1030PM
Plus two TL’s and no ETL. Lower volume $25 mil store 2019 probably gonna do $30-$35 because of Covid. Just so hard to maintain standards with these bare bones schedules.

Anyone else have success stories to that kind of roster?

Does inbound breakout jewelry/Accs? Also shoes? I am TL for those areas in addition to SIP and tech and Accs and Shoes are never broken out by my inbound team. I also am in a transition period where we are on boarding a DBO for Accs/Shoes so my areas are not to standard consistently as I fill the void.

If they do sort those areas how do y’all do it? I was thinking of inbound doesn’t my DBO can break shoes onto u-boat for boxes and a metro for the hanging arranged by style.

My two TM’s are scheduled 10 hours combined and they usually do finish and will push as well but my areas remain unfinished. Also quarantine a major issue. We roll it so much and then have a TM that’s a beast if we have the hours - (huge if) take care of catching us up. I floated the idea of having inbound take care of but I do believe it’s on style team and we just need to come clean and ensure every TM is working it each day. Which we have this coverage:

8am-12pm
12-4PM
2-6PM
630-1030PM
Plus two TL’s and no ETL. Lower volume $25 mil store 2019 probably gonna do $30-$35 because of Covid. Just so hard to maintain standards with these bare bones schedules.

Anyone else have success stories to that kind of roster?
Honestly not sure how it is at a small volume store . I have 3 tm for breakout style their workload is anywhere between 14-28h of sort and they always finish . They break out everything except the panties. Also there’s a new rollout that came out in the monthly update for this month where a style consultant will be scheduled to do breakout along with the inbound tm. Those hours for the style tm will also come from inbound payroll. Check it out on workbench and bring it up to your Etl and hr for scheduling .

Last edited:
Honestly not sure how it is at a small valine store . I have 3 tm for breakout style their workload is anywhere between 14-28h of sort and they always finish . They break out everything except the panties. Also there’s a new rollout that came out in the monthly update for this month where a style consultant will be scheduled to do breakout along with the inbound tm. Those hours for the style tm will also come from inbound payroll. Check it out on workbench and bring it up to your Etl and hr for scheduling .
Whoa, thank goodness I'm a closer! *knock wood*

I am the shoe dbo. All shoes are de trashed. Have a metro with 4 shelves. Bottom 2 have 4 cardboard wacos. All hanging goes in there. Top shelf men's and woman's. 2nd shelf kids. Doesn't always work that way depending on volume. I push from a 3 tier. We are a 40 million store. 2 for breakout. One comes in at 4. The 2nd usually 8:30. Sometimes someone at 6. We unload at 4. They also put red security on woman's performance and bathing suits. They no longer detrash jewelry. A vendor does it. They are adamant about no rollover, so style tl's or tms will pitch in when necessary. We take 7 or 8 trucks a week. It's a lot of repacks and case packs for 1 4 hr shift and 1 5 1/2 hr shift. I don't think they detrash sunglasses either. Idk it changes every other week!

Back