Archived Style TL: what is expected of you everyday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am being developed to move up eventually and was just curious: what does your typical day look like? What is generally asked of you to do on any given day? Are there any tasks you are not supposed to do? (i.e., backup lanes, freight, ect)

Break it down for me! The more detailed, the better! I'm sure our workloads will differ to some degree based on store and ETL but I'm still curious. Trying to get a better grasp on fully understanding the position.

Thank you 💞

Last edited:
Welcome!

I am being developed to move up eventually and was just curious: what does your typical day look like? What is generally asked of you to do on any given day? Are there any tasks you are not supposed to do? (i.e., backup lanes, freight, ect)

Break it down for me! The more detailed, the better! I'm sure our workloads will differ to some degree based on store and ETL but I'm still curious. Trying to get a better grasp on fully understanding the position.

Thank you 💞
Umm , honey, have whoever’s is “developing” you ,break it down for you.
the nerve of some people 🙄

Exactly, like ask the people in charge man, like thats there job 🙄

It is their job but as we all know there are a lot of stores where people get shitty training so they come here for help.
I can't count the number of people who have learned things here they should have been taught in their store.
If someone can give them a hand cool.
I'd prefer that to them thrashing around at their store not knowing what to do because they have an incompetent trainer.

Last edited:

Thank you 💞
Not sure if this helps you at all but here is a breakdown of my day.
  • I come in check my email.
    • Stores weekly and the months addendum. My ETL likes to quiz you to see if you've read them...frequently.
    • I read up on what's new on workbench in style and my areas in particular. My store has the departments broken up between the Style TLs. For the time being there are 3 TLs in Style.
  • I check TWT to make sure I’m current on my workload and to be sure nothing new has dropped in.
  • Also have to check workday to see what training I have coming due and to see what if any interviews are set up for me for the day.
  • Then I check in with my ETL to see if there is anything she would like to add to my to-do list for the day.
  • I try to avoid my SD because I know he will add to my to-do list.
  • Once I hit the floor I do a walk of all departments to check in with TMs and see what the biggest brand opps are. They should be doing their own brand walks as soon as they come in but usually they pick something really minor to take care of just to say they’ve done it. Or they simply don’t do it. I usually ask them “what did you fix”. Obviously if their TL is there I don’t do all of this. My check in with them is simply saying hello and seeing how they are doing.
  • I then do my own brand walk and get those things taken care of.
  • I check in with the truck process team to assess the size of the truck and how long pushing should take. My ETL wants us to give the team timelines to get the truck push done so that they can also work on any other tasks that may need to be taken care of.
  • I then move into whatever my plans are for the day.
  • Throughout the day I follow up with the team member responsible for pricing in style. Again...not if their TL is present.
  • I typically check in every hour or so with the team member I am following up with for the day and to make sure we are staying on top of reshop at the fitting room.
  • That is pretty much the end of the routine part of my day. From this point literally anything can happen.
    • Jumping in to help out the OPU team
    • Because I used to be a GSA I help out on the FE a lot.
    • Then you have the random codes. Green. Yellow. Thankfully I have only been around for 1 Red.
    • If you’re a female you could be called to sit in on an Apprehension
Any of these could happen and will obviously wreak havoc on your day and what you had planned to accomplish.

I hope this helps you. And as you know all stores are not the same. So my typical day may not look like the other TLs here or even yours. But at least you have an idea of what may happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back