Archived Subtract 99 (SUBT 999 as referred on here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store has recently initiated utilizing subt 99'ing everything that is on a tub, flat, 3 tier/etc.... Unless if it is from the Truck.. Citing that is the correct way to do so..
I can cite a million other reasons why... but I was wondering if any other Backroom Team Members are required to do the same at their store?

I do it for really anything being moved off of plano (there are a few other instances too, but its mostly plano's stuff). End caps and stuff. If we don't do it, they come up in our batches the next day, which is murder because it will always ask us to pull some absurd number like 40 of it.

I've worked at Target for 5 years and have never heard of this subtract 99 thing.. what exactly is this?

I've worked at Target for 5 years and have never heard of this subtract 99 thing.. what exactly is this?

Subt99 is utilizing the SUBT(subtract) function you normally use to pull an item in the backroom. You are telling the system you pulled 99 of that item for the floor. When it asks if you have pulled all, hit n-enter and then tell it how many total are now in the location. It's purpose it to reset the store's accumulator for that item to prevent unnecessary pulls. If- due to bad scanning, poor stocking, newly broken ties, mispicks, etc.- an item keeps pulling when all locations are full on the salesfloor the accumulator is too high. If it thinks we need 40 of something, pulling 99 gets the accumulator back to 0(it won't go negative) so it only triggers due to sales and instocks scans.

It should definitely be done for all challenge or if recently backstocked items are pulling in the CAFs. I encourage it for any yellows(instock pulls) that come back as well. But we don't require it.

Subt99 is utilizing the SUBT(subtract) function you normally use to pull an item in the backroom. You are telling the system you pulled 99 of that item for the floor. When it asks if you have pulled all, hit n-enter and then tell it how many total are now in the location. It's purpose it to reset the store's accumulator for that item to prevent unnecessary pulls. If- due to bad scanning, poor stocking, newly broken ties, mispicks, etc.- an item keeps pulling when all locations are full on the salesfloor the accumulator is too high. If it thinks we need 40 of something, pulling 99 gets the accumulator back to 0(it won't go negative) so it only triggers due to sales and instocks scans.

It should definitely be done for all challenge or if recently backstocked items are pulling in the CAFs. I encourage it for any yellows(instock pulls) that come back as well. But we don't require it.

Thank you very much. Is this actually a best practice or is it something that people eventually learn from word of mouth? After reading your post I know of certain product in electronics that keeps getting pulled despite being full, and when I asked the long-time backroom TM about it, he says it just does that and its annoying. I have never heard of anybody in our store make mention of this practice so I was wondering if not even the leads in logistics know about it.

edit: BTW does this mess up backroom location accuracy scores? That may be the reason why we don't use it.

Last edited:
my store is strict on this, we are only allowed to use it if the LOD or ETL says so, we cant to it at our own will, we always have to ask

I have my guys definitely do it for plano and endcap stuff. When we bring something back from a normal CAF or a manual CAF, I have them use it if STO shows no locations in the backroom (if it does have locations in the backroom, it would have pulled them, so a standard backstock should be fine).

Thank you very much. Is this actually a best practice or is it something that people eventually learn from word of mouth? After reading your post I know of certain product in electronics that keeps getting pulled despite being full, and when I asked the long-time backroom TM about it, he says it just does that and its annoying. I have never heard of anybody in our store make mention of this practice so I was wondering if not even the leads in logistics know about it.

edit: BTW does this mess up backroom location accuracy scores? That may be the reason why we don't use it.

Yes, it's a legitimate practice; it's actually documented step by step on Workbench. I forget where, but if you do a search on Workbench for Sales Accumulator, you should find it somewhere in the results. Officially, it's SUBT-9999 - that's four 9s.

it doesn't mess up the accuracy scores... i believe it actually helps it.. thus the reason we may be using it is to actually fix the shelf counts.. it's just weird to me how we are being pushed so hard to do it. I was curious if it was something
that all stores are now just doing.. because for 4 years I have never had my boss tell me that we have to do it... I had to pull a day side batch because i STO'd some truck backstock... I guess it is just us who are doing this for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back