Archived SuperTarget and PFresh. Will they become a thing of the past?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like no new SuperTargets or PFresh Targets are opening. Will they be discontinued in the future? Maybe Target will convert the SuperTargets and Pfresh into ordinary Target stores or convert the remaining SuperTargets into Pfresh Targers.

Maybe Target will convert the SuperTargets and Pfresh into ordinary Target stores or convert the remaining SuperTargets into Pfresh Targers.
That would be a lot of wasted space in what's currently the grocery side of Super Target stores.

I've noticed the newer Targets to open have all been GM/PFresh Targets in my area. But IDK. Maybe someone at HQ can confirm.

Well SuperTargets wont get any new stores, arent Pfresh targets regular targets at this point, I haven't been to Target that didnt have a Pfresh. Plus Target does surprisingly good in the Grocery section anyways. Plus they won't spend the money to get rid of pfresh. Seeing how they spent the money to introduce pfresh in a lot of their stores earlier this decade

Super targets, yes are a thing of the past. The deli, bakery, and other super target departments hemorrhage money. There are about 200 super targets and I can’t see that number going up but I also don’t think they’ll close many. The ones that exist seem to be well thought out and make sense where they are. Small format and “Pfresh” stores are the future at target. Those are the only two concepts they are building in this whole store expansion they’ve planned out over the next few years.

Every GM store is gonna get pfresh unless their physical store building can’t support it (like if they can’t expand).

Even the small format stores are selling groceries because it’s a good way to drive traffic to the store, especially in the areas where small format stores are located

Every GM store is gonna get pfresh unless their physical store building can’t support it (like if they can’t expand).

Even the small format stores are selling groceries because it’s a good way to drive traffic to the store, especially in the areas where small format stores are located

Well, yeah, that makes sense. In order to be able to compete with Walmart, Target needs to have fresh groceries in their stores. I've just read somewhere online that some new Target PFresh stores that will be opening will have two entrances, similar to a SuperTarget.

There is a store in my district that got remodeled this summer and they still decided not to add p-fresh. This particular location is also the biggest store in the area in terms of square footage. A ULV and not under any non-compete pacts, honestly nobody really knows why.

It seems like no new SuperTargets or PFresh Targets are opening. Will they be discontinued in the future? Maybe Target will convert the SuperTargets and Pfresh into ordinary Target stores or convert the remaining SuperTargets into Pfresh Targers.
SuperTargets were discontinued years ago. That’s why pfresh came about. No idea if Pfresh will go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back