Archived SuperTarget food TL positions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paidtosmile

Former Team Leader
Are there any team leads around that have been in food (deli, bakery, etc) team leader positions at SuperTargets? I'm sort of on the fence about taking one; mostly because it'd be quite a drive for a department supervisor position, but also because i've never worked in a food/deli/bakery/etc area before.

I tried searching around for information as to what these various SuperTarget food team leader positions are like, but haven't been very successful. Does anybody here have first-hand insight as to what these are like? Specifically the meat and deli area's?

Deli, meat, bakery and produce are some of the best team leader positions with target in my opinion. They offer a lot more ownership than hardlines/softlines.

I'd give anything to be a produce, deli, meat, or starbucks TL.
I asked and was denied because the leadership up front is too new besides me. New ETL, new GSTL, 4 new gsa's all within the last 6 months. Makes me want to bang my head against the wall.

I appreciate the responses!

Red, is there any specific reason?

being in an area like that is much easier to own your area. You have a smaller team, are able to work closely with them to accomplish your goals, and it's easier to manage talent when you are the only one in charge.

For some reason executives stay away from these areas.. they aren't quite understood by people outside of them. So you will own it. Ordering supplies, food, as well as team training; keeping your guest survey scores green and your profitability high. You can control profitability by doing your own TPC's/price cuts based on what (if anything) is expiring or pushed from the FDC.

That sounds really really great, actually! It's not anywhere near the area's that I would be alright with commuting to though, so I'll probably end up holding out for something more within my home town/acceptable commuting distance.

The others are right on about the amount of ownership in these areas. You would be over seeing the production processes, scheduling, logistics, guest service, pricing, and presentation of your food dept, so you definitely will have a well rounded experience. You would also jump directly to a PG15 TL position skipping PGs11 and 13 entirely so the extra $$$ is nice too. Each area can be extremely challenging on its own and in lower volume stores AE14 has combined bakery/deli, and produce/meat TL positions. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back