Supply chain

Today I stopped by one of our local Targets, a very nice one in a good demographic looking for one of those empty spray bottles. None. The cleaning supply area was at about 25%. Went to a Dollar General, similar situation, new store nice area. Shelves were quite empty and I saw a lot of UBoat equivalents filled with mdse, sitting in the aisles. One cashier. It's bad.

Empty shelves at Target aren't just a supply chain issue. There are also problems with labor shortages and increased sales. I have no idea why, but just my little area of on little Target is comping near 50% week after week right now. Freight and pulls are crazy right not. I can't keep things in stock. They sell so damn fast. Seemingly everyone in my area has a sudden need for a toaster and Contact paper, for example. When that stuff does come on the truck, well it's still just me stocking the shelves. I can only go so fast.

A friend who still works at one of our local T's tells me the attendance is getting bad, new hires simply don't come in!

A friend who still works at one of our local T's tells me the attendance is getting bad, new hires simply don't come in!

Yeah. It's bad. We had 60 hours of just GM payroll lost to call-ins on Tuesday. That was made worse by call-ins at the front requiring those who did show up to have to backup the lanes. It was my day off. However, in one of those odd chain of events, the person who was scheduled in my area is a seasonal Toys TM. The person scheduled for toys normally works tech. So, what did the brain genuis leads at my store do? Well, they moved the person scheduled for toys to tech and the person scheduled for my area to toys. But, what about kitchen that is out-comping every single other section in the store and is getting freight needed to fill holes from Deal Days? They sent an outside hire SETL with no salesfloor experience to do the freight. She tried. She really did try. So no complaints with her. But, shit's a clusterfuck right now.

Empty shelves don't seem to be an issue at my store for some reason. In fact, every nearby store by me except one has spray bottles ready for pickup, and the one store that doesn't says "not sold at this store" (a small format store I'm guessing)

Went to a nearby Target the other day just after opening, and there were a lot of empty shelves. The bottled cooking oil shelves were completely empty. Not one bottle of any type of cooking oil. Very disappointing.

I had 7 people in gm including my truck unload team thursday. We get 3 doubles a week and a truck everyday. To say it has been bad is an understatement. Then top it off they decided that this is a good week to send 26 pallets worth of toys in 2 days.

Toys has been interesting at my store this week. The DBO is on vacation. They hired 3 seasonals for it. 1 never showed up for orientation. The other 2 are slow as sloths, don't zone, and overstock like crazy. It's a hot mess. Every lead in the store, including style TLs, has at some point this week asked me if there's any chance I can finish my own stuff early and go help toys. No, no there is no such chance.

TOYS. Someone up high made a boo boo and released a bunch of unexpected and unproductive toy freight. Double today and 1600 cartons of TOYS. We will be dealing with this through most of next week. Sucks. Then we get communication… Target trying to play it off like this was intentional. Nope.

TOYS. Someone up high made a boo boo and released a bunch of unexpected and unproductive toy freight. Double today and 1600 cartons of TOYS. We will be dealing with this through most of next week. Sucks. Then we get communication… Target trying to play it off like this was intentional. Nope.
Exactly like give us communication so we can prepare for it same thing for us double truck and 600 boxes of toys per truck and that doesnt include the repacks

Back