Archived Surviving the holidays on Self Checkout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat at heart

I'm part cat =^.^=
Hello to all my fellow teammates. It's my first year working on Self Checkout during the holidays, and I am terrified. It gets a little overwhelming because my store places equal importance on Red Cards AND Loss Prevention. That being said I usually get at least one RC per shift on Self Checkout, but as it gets closer to the holidays, it's getting very hard to do everything at once, but I don't want to sacrifice the quality of my overall work over just one aspect of it. What's the best way to do everything without neglecting one key thing for another. What's the best way to balance everything?

First, excellent job at getting at least a RC at SCO! ASANTS but my store also tries to push for RCs at SCO.

The difficult thing about it at my store is we’re two-story building with 8 SCO machines on each level (16 machines overall). We can’t even do the RC application at SCO because of how unreliable the machines are processing it, so we have to suspend the transaction and do it over at a register. On top of that, we’re also trying to do loss prevention.

I agree with Hardlinesmaster to partner up and communicate with your GSTL/As. Explain the dilemma of wanting to meet RC goals but also prevent thievery and see what they can do to relieve that juggle.

Another thing I recommend is weighing out which duty prioritizes the situation. If I have 6 out of 8 machines in use, I’m going to focus on loss prevention before I push for RC. Unless I know my GSTL/As or coworkers are also watching SCO, which is every now and then, I watch like a hawk. A lot of guests try to pull a quick one whenever I’m helping out a guest across them. RCs are important, but gods forbid a shady lady has expensive electronic items and tries to scan it for the price equivalent of our off-brand Up&Up plastic cups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back