Archived Target and crappy wifi/network

Status
Not open for further replies.
TCWireless has been down in our store since Friday night. Manual FFs for everyone!
How would you do a manual FF? Just ring it up on the POS and tell the guest to cancel it?

Pretty much.
Actually no. What we do is:
1. get a piece of register tape
2. Write down name from ID
3. Write down confirmation number from order
4. Get items
5. Place sticker from item onto receipt tape with ID and confirmation number.
6. Tell guest payment will be processed when system is back online.
7. Lather, rinse, repeat

This is the way our ETL-GE has decreed it and she will not take any other advice.

TCWireless has been down in our store since Friday night. Manual FFs for everyone!
How would you do a manual FF? Just ring it up on the POS and tell the guest to cancel it?

Pretty much.
4. Get items
7. Lather, rinse, repeat

This is the way our ETL-GE has decreed it and she will not take any other advice.

Yeah our guests won't go for that, so cancel and ring through POS.

Pretty much.
4. Get items
7. Lather, rinse, repeat

Ridiculous nonsense. Just cancel the order and re-ring. Much less trouble.

Target! I get sooooooooo frustrated when I'm trying to use cartwheel and I can't connect well to your wifi nor my mobile data because I'm in a freaking brick building. I never get my cartwheel discounts jerks.

Target! I get sooooooooo frustrated when I'm trying to use cartwheel and I can't connect well to your wifi nor my mobile data because I'm in a freaking brick building. I never get my cartwheel discounts jerks.

Screenshot your barcode. It will never change.

WiFi? What WiFi?
Ours only seems to work half the time and when it does, we're lucky to get about 1-2 bars of connection. I've had several guests go off on a tangent about how it's ridiculous that Target makes them use Cartwheel/mobile coupons/e-gift-cards for purchases but then doesn't provide adequate WiFi so that they can access them. (Not that they're wrong, but it's not like complaining to lowly TMs is going to change that!)

If you have an iPhone, you can add your Cartwheel barcode to Passbook.

If you have an iPhone, you can add your Cartwheel barcode to Passbook.
Android - use the cartwheel widget. Or screenshot it on either iPhone or Android. Or add it to keyring. Or google wallet. Or print it. Or write down the number........I can understand being frustrated the first time if you can't get your cartwheel to load but after that there really isn't an excuse for not using any of the mentioned solutions here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back