Archived Target Annie....got a question for you..

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is happening my store with the new guest scheduling. Long time tm's are getting the shaft every day. I have heard my etl-hr say don't give that tm too many hours to keep it under 32 hours. Hopefully pel, your resume looks great & shows you as a stellar worker. Grab every swap shift, you can get. Are there other stores near you, transfer?
For now, learn other work centers, Like sales floor, pharmacy, & Starbucks. I know you can do this. Pharmacy & Starbucks can lead you to better jobs opps outside of spot.

Annie, hang in there. My long term hr person is going through the same thing you are too. We are here to help & support those want or need it.

I thought you needed a certain type of degree for pharmacy?

@Rarejem 36 hours all IS? Unless your a TL, i have never seen that, but i work at a low volume store though.

It is happening my store with the new guest scheduling. Long time tm's are getting the shaft every day. I have heard my etl-hr say don't give that tm too many hours to keep it under 32 hours. Hopefully pel, your resume looks great & shows you as a stellar worker. Grab every swap shift, you can get. Are there other stores near you, transfer?
For now, learn other work centers, Like sales floor, pharmacy, & Starbucks. I know you can do this. Pharmacy & Starbucks can lead you to better jobs opps outside of spot.

Annie, hang in there. My long term hr person is going through the same thing you are too. We are here to help & support those want or need it.

I thought you needed a certain type of degree for pharmacy?

@Rarejem 36 hours all IS? Unless your a TL, i have never seen that, but i work at a low volume store though.
It depends on state law. In my state, you get certified as pharmacy tech after taking a state test.

I get full time health benefits....our store is converting to the guest friendly schedule.
What is the number of hours I must work to guarantee full medical benefits?

I'm afraid that I'm going to lose hours and lose my health benefits.

Under the Affordable Care Act, Target is required to provide health insurance to anyone working 30 or more hours a week starting on January 1st 2014.

If you fall below 30 hours, this is what you need (and technically, legally have to do under the law):

1. If you are in a state that has expanded medicaid coverage, go to your state health and human services office to sign up. (the medicaid coverage under the new law is actually better than what Target offers, sadly)

2. If you are not in a state that has decided to expand medicaid coverage under the new law, go to healthcare.gov to sign up for coverage. (this coverage is also better than what Target offers, as sad as that is... so in a sick sad way, Target is actually doing you a favor if they cut you to under 30 hours....)

Regardless of what happens with your hours, you *will* have health insurance no matter what under the new law. So stop worrying.

Last edited:
I called the Benefits phone number...you have to have an average of 31.5 hours a week to qualify for full time benefits.

I get full time health benefits....our store is converting to the guest friendly schedule.

Under the Affordable Care Act, Target is required to provide health insurance to anyone working 30 or more hours a week starting on January 1st 2014.

If you fall below 30 hours, this is what you need (and technically, legally have to do under the law):

1. If you are in a state that has expanded medicaid coverage, go to your state health and human services office to sign up. (the medicaid coverage under the new law is actually better than what Target offers, sadly)

2. If you are not in a state that has decided to expand medicaid coverage under the new law, go to healthcare.gov to sign up for coverage. (this coverage is also better than what Target offers, as sad as that is... so in a sick sad way, Target is actually doing you a favor if they cut you to under 30 hours....)

Regardless of what happens with your hours, you *will* have health insurance no matter what under the new law. So stop worrying.

I know that under the ACA that I will have insurance....the question/reason for concern is that I don't know what the ACA insurance might cost me and if I can afford coverage with prescription coverage. To this is cause for worry.

HLM....as you know, I do have my resume all done and am actively looking for other employment. Hopefully I'll be able to find another job that has better pay than Target does.

I had a few days of vacation that I used just to relax and catch-up on things. When I went back (after 10 days off) I had the GSTL from hell and by the end of the night, I was clearly reminded why I need to get out of my store.

Hopefully a new job will come sooner rather than later!

Hey everyone...especially Target Annie....thanks so much for your quick responses and help. I appreciate it.

I know that under the ACA that I will have insurance....the question/reason for concern is that I don't know what the ACA insurance might cost me and if I can afford coverage with prescription coverage. To this is cause for worry.

Well, good news! You can find out the cost tonight. You actually don't need to go to healthcare.gov... it is simply a portal to providers.

You can go to

www.aetna.com
www.bcbs.com
www.cigna.com
www.unitedhealthgroup.com
www.humana.com

and find out! Some or all of those companies are likely to be offering health coverage in your state, and they all charge different rates... However, you can use the calculator on the site to find out the cost.

For example, in my state one of the options is BlueCross. Going on their website and putting in the following info (I am making some assumptions about you, so this is just a round about cost)... assuming you are around 29 years old and make $20,000 a year you can get insurance for as low as $17.85 a month that is actually better than what Target offers. For $79.25 a month, you can get a plan that blows Target out of the water. That plan has the following:

Outpatient Hospital/Physician Care 100% Coinsurance after Deductible
Plan Features
Benefit Level Silver
Network Blue Advantage
Individual Deductible $1500.00
Family Deductible $4500.00
Coinsurance 100%
Individual Out-of-Pocket Maximum $1500.00
Office Visit Copay $30.00
Lifetime Benefit No Limit
Medical Coverage Details
Preventive Care 100%
Maternity Coverage $250 Copay then 100% Coinsurance after Deductible
Outpatient Physician Medical Services 100% Coinsurance after Deductible
Outpatient Physician Surgical Services 100% Coinsurance after Deductible
Inpatient Physician Medical/Surgical Services 100% Coinsurance after Deductible
Outpatient Hospital Services including Surgery $200 Copay then 100% Coinsurance after Deductible
Outpatient Hospital Diagnostic Testing 100% Coinsurance after Deductible
Inpatient Hospital Services Medical/Surgical Services $250 Copay then 100% Coinsurance after Deductible
Outpatient Emergency Care (Physician and Hospital) $500 Copay then 100% Coinsurance after Deductible
Mental Illness Treatment and Substance Abuse Rehab - Outpatient Hospital/Physician Care $30 Copay
Mental Illness Treatment and Substance Abuse Rehab - Inpatient Hospital Care $250 Copay then 100% Coinsurance after Deductible
Mental Illness Treatment and Substance Abuse Rehab - Inpatient Physician Care 100% Coinsurance after Deductible
Outpatient Prescription Drug Details
Preferred Generics $0.00
Non Preferred Generics $10.00
Preferred Formulary $50.00
Non Preferred Formulary $100.00
Specialty $150.00
Cost Reductions
Tax Credit Eligible Yes
Cost Sharing Eligible Yes
Health Savings Account Eligible (HSA) No

One more thing - Target doesn't care if you live or die. Fall below 30 hours and they *will* drop your insurance.

People have the option to get health insurance now - so get out there and start researching your options instead of listening to people on TV who are getting paid by billionaires to tell you how bad it is for you. Only you can take care of yourself and better your situation - Target doesn't care about you - don't be dependent on them.

The insurance under the new law starts on January 1st 2014. Start researching your options now so you know which plan (there are literally dozens of them to choose from if you go through all the companies!) is going to best for you.

Thanks for the links, SOT11.
We're still on spot's plan but husband & I are researching better deals for our boys.
We're also in the "state of denial" with a gov who refuses to allow the state to set up an exchange, preferring the feds do it so he can lambast the effort while doing nothing.

?

Yep. I scan, work the Store Specific Ad Guide, pull and work the PTM task list and any seasonal pulls, put in SPTM for any areas that are needed or PTM aisles that need help that aren't in the task list, do stand alone research in essential areas that aren't in the task list (we try to scan diapers, cough and cold, pain, feminine hygiene, paper, and detergent daily even though they may not be in the task list) label maintenance, and, if there is time, push clearance from the back room.

I absolutely LOVE how leadership promises more hrs during Q4 since they're hiring less & then they drop "guest-centered" scheduling on us.
Coincidence? I think not.
Merely the cost of doing business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back