Archived Target cliques who don't do their job well enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is more of a rant than anything but do hard workers ever get noticed or is it usually the ones who are super clique-y and kiss up to the TLs and ETLs? I feel like I work my butt off every night I'm closing, even cutting my 15 short so I can get back to work since there are so many go-backs PLUS zoning to do before Target closes. Yet, there are always 4 or 5 TMs standing around in the fitting room, laughing and gossiping about other TMs, each with an excuse (when approached by an LOD) that they're helping refold gobacks or that they are getting go backs for their department. And these are the same people that the TLs and ETLs favor the most since they're so damn outgoing. I don't get it.

This is more of a rant than anything but do hard workers ever get noticed or is it usually the ones who are super clique-y and kiss up to the TLs and ETLs? I feel like I work my butt off every night I'm closing, even cutting my 15 short so I can get back to work since there are so many go-backs PLUS zoning to do before Target closes. Yet, there are always 4 or 5 TMs standing around in the fitting room, laughing and gossiping about other TMs, each with an excuse (when approached by an LOD) that they're helping refold gobacks or that they are getting go backs for their department. And these are the same people that the TLs and ETLs favor the most since they're so damn outgoing. I don't get it.

Do not cut any of your breaks short. If there is someone out to get you, that would just be handing out ammunition.

If you cut your break short, don't make it obvious ;)

Yes cliques can be annoying at Target, esp if they don't pull their weight! It does make work more enjoyable if you have a group of friends at work though :)

See: two of my GSTLs and several of the cashiers. The favoritism isn't obvious at all, ladies! /sarcasm

There are a few cliques at my store, such as the Softlines Spanish Ladies. It's a group of five ladies who close in softlines and tend to stick to each other and talk in Spanish the whole night. They get their job done, so nobody bothers them.

There's Bitchy Guest Service Ladies, who gossip with each other, and act rude towards anybody who isn't in their group.

There's the Hardlines Gossip Team, which I named myself, is a group of five or so of us that talks about anything that goes on, because the instant I hear anything interesting, I start texting the group immediately.

There's also the New Hardlines Team. Somehow, I guess the new people on hardlines that were hired before the seasonal people, and the old people on hardlines, don't really mix too well. We talk, we're coworkers, but we don't hang out and talk on our breaks.

There's the cashiers which have divided themselves into this web of cliques that I don't even know because it's so complex.

The pharmacy clique is one all on their own because nobody from the sales floor or anywhere else really talks to them. The only person who visits them is the ETLs or the GSTLs, and that's on very rare occasions.

The backroom dayside team is a clique that intermingles with the Hardlines Gossip Team.

For the most part, our cliques get their jobs done. They don't really try to kiss up to the TLs or ETLs. I used to do that, but now the ETLs and I just joke around. I'm sarcastic with them, because they know I get my job done.

I stopped taking my 15s about a year ago. I sometimes take them on a slow night, but I have stuff to do. Toys isn't gonna zone itself, and fan central? HA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back