Target.com

I'm curious on what the difference is. Why would this item not be eligible for order pickup at my store, but eligible at the one down the road with only 1 left? I know we have at least 2 left and it's not in an audit task.

Screenshot_20220427-013206.png

I've seen it say limited availability when we had 1-2 of something, and 1 in stock when we had like 3. Internally this is called "available to promise" and it's probably just the safest number Target is able to promise that its there.

When I check other stores for an item for the guest I always tell them unless it shows at least 3 don't bother to drive there.

I tell them to just order with an OPU.
I call the nearby stores and ask them to check/hold in those situations. I encourage busy floor team members to pass those to us up at GS, so we can do it for them. I hate leaving the guest with uncertainty and doing half of what I could do for them. And no, I don't have time to do that. I don't have time to do anything lol.

I call the nearby stores and ask them to check/hold in those situations. I encourage busy floor team members to pass those to us up at GS, so we can do it for them. I hate leaving the guest with uncertainty and doing half of what I could do for them. And no, I don't have time to do that. I don't have time to do anything lol.
Yup. If your polite to me that I'm already calling, then I'll see if the other tm will hold it for my guest... but sometimes they don't.

Back