Archived Target Corp. rescinds dozens of job offers

Status
Not open for further replies.

qmosqueen

Perishable Assistant Wizard
I just found this very interesting news story online.
Is Target headed in the right direction ??

here are the highlights:

MINNEAPOLIS (KMSP) -
Dozens of new Target hires just learned they won't be getting the job after all. This happens a lot more than any of us in thejob market even realize.

Target hired about 40 people in August and September. People in that group spent the fall giving notice to current employers, leaving jobs, moving from out of state and buying homes in the Twin Cities, only to get a phone call two weeks prior to reporting for work that their job offers were rescinded.

Target added that those offered relocation allowances were able to keep those funds.

READ the whole story and watch the local news report here: http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/27797469/new-target-hires-learn-offers-were-rescinded

here is my opinion:
So you can keep the money they paid you to pack up and move your entire family to cold ass Minneapolis.
What about the time and effort to move an entire household of stuff and get the kids into a new school.

WTF this is just wrong wrong wrong.

I was very seriously looking at applying for one of a couple of corporate jobs (procurement, operations) that would be a great fit for my experience. It wouldn't be easy to move my family across the country, but would be worth it for a good job at a reputable company.

Job offers get rescinded every now and then, but not this many. This is just unethical and wrong. Target has effectively limited their talent pool for to local Minneapolis applicants only. I am certainly not the only one who wouldn't ever again consider relocating for a job offer from Target.

Plain stupid.

22215-Picard-double-facepalm-meme-wh-Tx3k.jpeg

I'm surprised they got to keep the relocation funds.... Lol.
I bet the only reason they let them keep the money is because most of them had already spent it, and trying to get back money that isn't there from unemployed people would probably involve a lawsuit and debt collectors.

And a shit-ton of bad publicity.

Looks like Spot's back in the doghouse!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back