Archived Target ETL from Anti-Union video interviewed on TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just came across this, and have to say it is hillarious.

Remember the anti-union video we were forced to watch about a year or two ago? Well, the actor who played one of the ETLs in the video (he doesn't actually work for Target) was interviewed on MSNBC about doing the video for Target. I'd describe what he says, but you have to see it to believe it.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opY43QC3cz0

I liked his quote: "If I played a rapist, does that make me a rapist?"
And the fact that Target had to hire UNION actors to make their ANTI-UNION video makes it all the more ironic.
The absolute definition of an actor is doing a role they may personally find repugnant but presenting a total & convincing opposite.

They also only use union workers for their remodels.
I talked to the guys who do the electric work and heavy carpentry (who loved wearing their union shirts) and everyone just shook their heads about how Spot treats the rest of us.

I just came across this, and have to say it is hillarious.

Remember the anti-union video we were forced to watch about a year or two ago? Well, the actor who played one of the ETLs in the video (he doesn't actually work for Target) was interviewed on MSNBC about doing the video for Target. I'd describe what he says, but you have to see it to believe it.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opY43QC3cz0

FIGURES! They're all too happy in the videos to actually be Target employees. LOL

What I don't get is employers all over the country force their employees to watch anti-union videos, why don't they realize these employers are against unions because it means BETTER pay, BETTER benefits, MORE paid time off, BETTER pensions, BONUSES, you name it, crazy that MILLIONS of Americans watch these videos and don't see right through them? UNIONIZE EVERYONE!

I've seen that one. Honestly, I had trouble thinking which one was worse.

I think the newer one is better just based on the fact that it doesn't look as dated...(not as many old signage and fixtures like in the other one) but I don't like the actress' tooth gap in the new one. Cmon.

That interview is a year old (Cenk Uygur no longer works for MSNBC) and it's kind of obvious that the actor was there to promote his new movie.
I remember seeing that video during orientation and laughing. When I worked at Macy's they showed us the same type of video. It's simple scare tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back