Archived Target got many of their policies from Disney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking to a guest yesterday and she was telling me that she was upper management for Disney for quite a while. She told me that before target stores had come down to Florida and we're still in the north, that the ceo or someone higher up in target attended a seminar that Disney put on about business and making guest feel special. Apparently after that target adapted to a lot of what they learned at Disney and that's when our guest service became so important. She also pointed out that even our name tags are very similar. I just though that was interesting and tried to research in online but couldn't find anything. Has anyone heard the same thing?

This is from Wikipedia's page on Target corp. " Target uses a practice that was derived in 1989 from The Walt Disney Company[52] by calling its customers "Guests", its employees "Team Members", and its supervisors "Team Leaders". Also, managers are known as "Executive Team Leaders (ETLs)" and the Store Manager is known as the "Store Team Leader (STL)". Further up the "chain of command" are "District Team Leaders (DTL)", "Group Team Leaders (GTL)", Regional Team Leaders (RTL) (sometimes also Regional Vice President), and finally corporate-level executives."

Maybe a target day at Disney is in order so that management can see how TM's are treated and TM's can see how to interact with guests... Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket.. Thats the reason we should all go to Disneyworld..and target will pick up the bill including airfare and rooms and meals for all employees and their families...oh, do you think I am in living in fantasyland right now?

So I can blame Walt Disney for the travesty that is "guest service"?
Where we lost the very reasonable relationship of customer and business person to turn it into guest and peon?
Its not his fault though.
With no guidance, constant vining.is it any surprise our guests act like spoiled children?

Words are just words. Cutesy titles & sayings might make corporation feel like treating employees in a friendly way but their actions prove otherwise.

What matters is not what you say but what you do.

How can you call someone a TM if they're ordered to take care of an entire department without any help AND then made to feel like a failure when they couldn't accomplish your impossible goal? TMs are NOT impressed that your only concern is the stockholder & the CEO's end of year bonus.

And giving the shoppers free reign to set his own prices so you can turn around & hold your employees accountable for having to play your game - well, that sure does bring to mind Mickey Mouse!

Yeah Target took all that from Disney and it worked. Then Target said screw guest service so we can have Pfresh and Canada. Disney of course still has the best guest service is never ever understaffed. The little shop at the resort we stayed in had 4 people closing it at 11PM. That is store about the size of electronics.

Makes sense. Corporate seems to be living in a fantasy world much like in a Disney film.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ashton-kutcher-laughing-top-10-vine-videos.gif

"Its a small paycheck after all..."

Not even enough to "Feed the Birds" or even pay for "The Bare Necessities"

But "The Aristrocats" on top think "A spoonful of Sugar" can keep the peons singing "Be Our Guest" while they're greedily counting their millions on the backs of cheap labor in "A Whole New World" as the frazzled workforce is drowning "Under the Sea."

"Can You Feel the Love Tonight?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back