Archived Target Social Media Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it considered a breach of social media policy when AP groups use GroupMe to share pictures of camera shots of suspects entering/exiting the store?

Is it considered a breach of social media policy if AP uses Snapchat to send pics/videos of camera shots of apprehensions/guests acting funny in the store?

How would you handle either of these situations if you had an AP team member violating these scenarios? Written warning? Termination?

Our etl ap sends us some hilarious screen shots but yeah... only to other team members

Looks like the HR conversation and the ETLs and STLs new perception of me is the extent of the damage. Apparently after a Best Team Survey speech by the STL a team member approached him and said I am the worst morale in the store, I hold back the BTS score, and he should check my facebook page. Besides the fact I only posted 3 remarks about work over 2 years...anyone who knows me and works alongside me knows that is ridiculous. And funny thing is my page has ALWAYS been private up until they got ahold of it...suddeny I check it and its been made public. Coincidence...I think not...
The only person holding back our BTS score is our STL...

I friended a few people from my old store if they added me first. (I added no one first.) On FB, I immediately dumped them in "Restricted," meaning they can't see any posts I make that aren't public (meaning they don't see much; I'm fairly private). My Twitter and Instagram are private and I don't hand out my username. I also blocked all leadership as soon as I learned last names -- ETLs/Leaders up to DTL -- on every social media platform I use.

I don't violate Spot's social media policy because I never talk about them: good, bad, or indifferent. I don't even list them as my employer on my FB profile. (They're a secondary gig, but even if they weren't, I wouldn't.)

Sharing with non Target people? Final or Term.

What factors would cause you to term or go with Final? Would one coaching(not a written warning) in 2016 for the behavior make you term them in 2018? What would cause you to term in this situation on a first time offender?

So sharing with Target people is fine, at least in your opinion?

Anything from 2016 is off the books, and wouldn't be considered in 2018.

As a company, Target stopped using GroupMe because of security concerns. It is not secure, so using it for official AP stuff is a bad idea. Many tm groups use GroupMe still, but for shift swapping etc, not company info.

Snap? Terrible idea!

I am not AP, but I'm pretty sure that by showing pictures, it lets people see where cameras are in the store. If non tms are being shown pics, I would think term. If they are circulating to other storr AP, I might think final. APBP and HRBP will make the final decision.

Anything from 2016 is off the books, and wouldn't be considered in 2018.

As a company, Target stopped using GroupMe because of security concerns. It is not secure, so using it for official AP stuff is a bad idea. Many tm groups use GroupMe still, but for shift swapping etc, not company info.

Snap? Terrible idea!

I am not AP, but I'm pretty sure that by showing pictures, it lets people see where cameras are in the store. If non tms are being shown pics, I would think term. If they are circulating to other storr AP, I might think final. APBP and HRBP will make the final decision.

When did they stop using GroupMe? Can you give me an exact month?

Can AP get into trouble for continuing to use that app?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back