Archived Target Visa Card Not Approved

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the past 2 or 3 days, several (if not all) of the Target Visa cards that have come through my lanes have been declined. Not the new Target credit cards or Target Debits, just the Visa. Has anyone else noticed this?

I've just been asking the guests if they have another form of payment and coupon'ing their total down by 5%. But this phenomenon is decidedly ill-timed...

Apologies if I should have posted this in the REDcard thread.

Last edited:
A lot of them got new cards in the mail recently. Spot canceled their old cards sometimes before a new card even got there, because geniuses. I've had a lot of people annoyed at this since the cards technically don't expire and then they think they've been hacked. Have them call card services to double check what this is, and not just they have a problem with their account.

Converting the Visa to the smart chip Master Card near the breach anniversary and having your Visa not work was poor planning on someones part.

A lot of them got new cards in the mail recently. Spot canceled their old cards sometimes before a new card even got there, because geniuses. I've had a lot of people annoyed at this since the cards technically don't expire and then they think they've been hacked. Have them call card services to double check what this is, and not just they have a problem with their account.
I just a new card a few weeks ago. At first I thought it might be one with the new computer chip, but it was not.

Converting the Visa to the smart chip Master Card near the breach anniversary and having your Visa not work was poor planning on someones part.
Nope not Mastercard, but rather just a new Visa Card. I did have someone tell they got the new card, but just had not activated it. Not sure if they old card or not though. Also was told that the Mastercard conversion would not be completed until the end of next year.

Nope not Mastercard, but rather just a new Visa Card. I did have someone tell they got the new card, but just had not activated it. Not sure if they old card or not though. Also was told that the Mastercard conversion would not be completed until the end of next year.
Aren't they supposed to be sending out the chip cards in January of 2015?

Aren't they supposed to be sending out the chip cards in January of 2015?

This is what I have been told.

It has been happening in my store too, but I didn't realize it was the target visa ones until I read this post... That's how much I have been paying attention lately..

My card got denied before I got the replacement. I got a letter from telling me that a new card was being sent out. It made no mention of expiration date on the old card.

What's the Christmas season without an annual Target blunder? SNAFU

More like FUBAR for some of us.

That, too. Corporate rolls out their latest brilliant SNAFU & sits back to observe at how the peons deal with the FUBAR of their making. Then they spend the next days sitting in meetings going over the ridiculous reports of reds, yellows & greens.

It's all one big WTF!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back