Archived Taxes for Emergency Fund help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received funds from the Target Emergency Fund after being in a financial crises. The TL that helped me said it was taxable, but now that I am trying to do my taxes I'm not sure where to include it on my tax forms. Any help?

I am not sure how that works. You may can call the IRS and ask them. I also know that some areas offer help with your taxes if you fall under certain income guidelines. So, you may can contact your local tax office and ask if your area has such a program and what all it entails .

In case, no one knows about the hardship fund:
Team member Emergency Assistance Fund aka hardship fund.
Talk to your ETL HR about it. You have to fill out a form, your ETL HR has to fill out another form, and they are both sent to TMSC. A group of people reviews your application, and, if you apply, they will put up to $500 into your paycheck. The HR team actually CANT deny you the form. The ETL HR -CAN- decide to NOT recommend you, for whatever reason.
By the way, this is a serious fund meant to help team members in emergency situations.

In case, no one knows about the hardship fund:
Team member Emergency Assistance Fund aka hardship fund.
Talk to your ETL HR about it. You have to fill out a form, your ETL HR has to fill out another form, and they are both sent to TMSC. A group of people reviews your application, and, if you apply, they will put up to $500 into your paycheck. The HR team actually CANT deny you the form. The ETL HR -CAN- decide to NOT recommend you, for whatever reason.
By the way, this is a serious fund meant to help team members in emergency situations.
Do you possibly know if a medical issue might qualify? Like needing money for specialty doctor visit, and you dont have insurance?

Do you possibly know if a medical issue might qualify? Like needing money for specialty doctor visit, and you dont have insurance?

Medical issues, I am unsure about. But when you do fill out the form; Give as much information as you possibly can. I applied for the Hardship fund due to economic difficulties in my household; had a short chat with my STL, and within a week had an extra $500 in a separate paycheck. It's an awesome program that Target offers to Team Members, and the process couldn't have been easier.

I didn't know about this fund! Outstanding!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back