Archived Team Member Discount / Gift Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard that we can use our employee discount (10%) and Red Card (5%) towards the purchase of non-target gift cards sold in the stores. Anyone know if this is true?

Yep. True, and its tax free. I paid for my Disney trip in gift cards and saved over 200 dollars.

The only crappy thing is that neither discount works for Starbucks giftcards that you buy from Starbucks. So buy em at electronics, then buy your Starbucks drink. Which reminds me... does anyone know if you could use your TM discount+REDcard on a Starbucks gift card sold by Target, then turn around, buy a drink from Starbucks, use your employee discount, and pay using the giftcard you just bought? If that works, you're almost getting 25% off your Starbucks drinks. Pretty good deal.

Discounts don't apply to the Starbucks giftcards sold at the counter or Target giftcards.
Not sure of the SB cards sold at the kiosk.
You CAN use your TM & redcard discounts on your drinks or your TM disc with a SB giftcard.
Had a guest try to use her foodstamp card for a latte. Didn't work.

I <3 my Chipotle, Subway, Google Play and Starbucks 15% off! You can use your discount for all gift cards at Electronics department, except for American Express gift cards.

Nice....So, a $5 drink at SB, if you've bought the card ahead of time in Electronics would become....hmm...10% off is 4.50....5% off of that is 4.27....and another 10% off is $3.84. Not bad!

I think we are not allowed to use our discount two times. They told us at orientation that is termination, so I never tried.

The only thing close to a gift card I have used my discount and redcard on is Playstation Network and Xbox Live cards. Its awesome getting almost 15% off with no tax. That being said dont try and be slick and manipulate the system because you will be an easy victory for AP. Saving a few bucks is not worth losing your job, your reputation in the workforce, and possibly having charges brought on you.

Discounts don't apply to the Starbucks giftcards sold at the counter or Target giftcards.
Not sure of the SB cards sold at the kiosk.
You CAN use your TM & redcard discounts on your drinks or your TM disc with a SB giftcard.
Had a guest try to use her foodstamp card for a latte. Didn't work.

I know my daughter sent me a Starbucks gc (she said it was "just because":D) I used it at the Starbucks and got my discount. Don't know where she got it though.

Yep. True, and its tax free. I paid for my Disney trip in gift cards and saved over 200 dollars.

We paid for our Disney trip with Disney giftcards also.... and I used my Pharmacy rewards 5% on top of my 10% employee and 5% debit card discounts.... We booked our flight and all through Disney and had the Deluxe dining plan, so we pretty much needed to bring no money with us(we used Disney giftcards for tips and souvenirs...) so we technically got 18.875% off our Disney trip and airfare..... not too shabby a savings..... we saved almost $2,000 because of this!!!!!

You bought all your Disney cards in one go? You're a braver soul than I. ;) I bought mine in batches of 300, lol. Our travel package only had our tickets and hotel on it, but I can imagine how much more we would have saved had we done airfare as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back