Archived Team Member Stealing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was asked to witness during questioning when AP picked up a teenaged girl (they were all male, as were the ETLs & TLs on duty at the time). Evidently a 'friend' had put her up to it & fled when she was nabbed.

Yeah, during a apprehension they need someone of the same gender as the individual present during questioning/holding.

Yes, the perp walk! Nothing better to build the "AP culture" at a store. That gets everybody talking and those TM's that are thinking about stealing may have second thoughts.

On a side note that is completely messed up that they told you about this investigation before the pulled the TM. If we are actually following the rules :huh: even ETL's should not know about an open investigation. Spot says (and I agree) that's because if it can't be proven, or if innocent, they don't want all the leaders to treat the TM differently. And trust me... they do!

i wish i could share more to explain the situation but i can't.

it was quite a shock to watch him being walked out and i hope it does make others think before they do it. never worth it!

People are so dumb to think they're going to get away with anything like that. With all of the cameras that are in Target, you'd think that would be an adequate deterrent. Some people just don't use their head. I'm a very honest person, but even if I wasn't, I'd never give stealing a thought at my store for the obvious reasons....

People are so dumb to think they're going to get away with anything like that. With all of the cameras that are in Target, you'd think that would be an adequate deterrent. Some people just don't use their head. I'm a very honest person, but even if I wasn't, I'd never give stealing a thought at my store for the obvious reasons....

Greed is amazing!

I love watching the "Guests" who constantly look up, trying to find a aisle without a dome. Sure attracts my attention, and normally gets a apprehension.

I love watching the "Guests" who constantly look up, trying to find a aisle without a dome. Sure attracts my attention, and normally gets a apprehension.

I wonder what the AP TMs in other store think about me, since I'm always wandering around, mostly looking up.
I'm looking at the signing not the the domes but I'm sure it looks suspicious.

I wonder what the AP TMs in other store think about me, since I'm always wandering around, mostly looking up.
I'm looking at the signing not the the domes but I'm sure it looks suspicious.

same here. i am always evaluating other stores signing. even take some pictures sometimes if there is something there i can bring back to my store or something really horrendous. also - how about when you are up on the wave with a dome right in your face? i always feel like a jackace.

Caught a guy today that stuffed 7 wii controllers into his pants and jacket, certain things happened that prevented us from being able to apprehend him. He starts making his way towards the doors ALMOST FREE. Then amazingly HE TURNS AROUND to go all the way back to the electronics section to grab some cheap headphones. We ended up getting him for the headphones and found all the wii controllers as well.

GREED is amazing indeed.

Caught a guy today that stuffed 7 wii controllers into his pants and jacket, certain things happened that prevented us from being able to apprehend him. He starts making his way towards the doors ALMOST FREE. Then amazingly HE TURNS AROUND to go all the way back to the electronics section to grab some cheap headphones. We ended up getting him for the headphones and found all the wii controllers as well.

GREED is amazing indeed.

Greed Greed Greed. It's why anyone in the occupation of stealing, get caught.

when we have had internal theft is usually a bunch of people doing it at the same time we had a huge bust maybe 6 years ago in food ave. i guess at the time if pizza was past its selling time food ave tms could mark it on the toss sheet and take it for themselves and eat it on break. well instead of food ave tms taking the pizza they were giving it away to regular team members, and a whole bunch of them got fired i think it was like 13 team members. in situations like that ap will tell you why everyone was busted to worn others of polices. we also had a fitting room tm who would use the monarch gun and make price labels and put them on random clothing without tags it was usualy for regular priced merch with clearance prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back