Archived Team Members with equipment keys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unreturnable

Receiving/Reverse Logistics
So I tried doing a forum search, and I think I might have read something about this here before so I went looking for it, but no luck finding anything. Thus, my question:

Do TMs at your store have equipment keys? Is this pretty common, or completely unheard of? I was actually given an equipment key by a leader at my store and told to just keep it on the down-low. I also know our TM who runs bulk keeps an equipment key on his personal key-chain, a couple backroom TMs have their own keys, our signing person, most of the TLs, and all of the ETLs have keys on their key-chains. A week ago I was told by a new Team Leader that you can get coached for having your own key, or at least taking it with you out of the store.

That makes perfect sense to me, except at my store the leadership team has let equipment management (and keys too) slide so badly that we hardly know what we have, and never know where it is. My store lost 4 equipment keys out of the lock box in an 8-week period, so now there are none to sign out. And don't get me started on the multiple walkies and PDAs that I find sitting on shelves or the floor every shift and bring back to TSC with me.

The main reason I bother asking about the keys is because my last two Team Leads *and* my last two ETLs have both known I had my own key and were fine with it - they actually asked to borrow it on a regular basis because they would loan theirs out and knew I had mine in my pocket 100% of the time. But my work center recently went through a leadership change, I have a new TL and ETL and I'm a little worried to bring up the subject now that I know I could get coached for it.

Also I'm wondering, is there any way for me to request a key and maybe be certified to legitimately have one, or is this key I have just a coaching waiting to happen?

At my store at least myself and some of my backroom team members have wave/crown keys and baler keys. We give them out since key carriers and ETLs aren't suppose to give out their keys to anyone.

All keys for eqt. and locked backroom areas at our store are in a lockbox at Guest Service. Anyone can check them out by signing for them and only the GSTL can give them out and/or take them back. I find it interesting that nobody ever checks to see if the person checking them out is actually certified to use the equipment.

Same with my store, you have to ask GSTL or LOD to get a key but pretty much anyway can get a key if you need one. Typically only backroom, electronics, a few TLs, and receiving will have them, though. I get them when I'm doing ad in electronics or when I'm in charge of the FDC trailer for the day.

Or are you implying that people just HAVE keys all the time? Like, their own set? I can't fathom that actually happening, though.

For my store a couple years back they decided to re collect all the keys they handed out as far as wave/bailer goes. So atm only a few tm still have keys. Basically about 7 years ago they were a bit more liberal with making sure people in the backroom/receiving has equipment keys because of what their job entails.

Right now, it's only our signing guy. We used to have some TMs that came from other stores, and they would have wave keys, but they never last at our store.

Everyone in backroom has a key for the wave, pallet jacks, and stacker. A few of us have acquired baler and compacter keys as well.

My store used to give out personal keys to our BRTMs and our receiving TM. We got a new ETL-LOG about two years ago, and everyone that originally had keys has quit. Now no one has personal keys (probably because they don't trust us).

My store used to give out personal keys to our BRTMs and our receiving TM. We got a new ETL-LOG about two years ago, and everyone that originally had keys has quit. Now no one has personal keys (probably because they don't trust us).

People quit and don't turn in their keys.

At my store, everyone in the backroom has to sign out a set of keys. Each set includes the baler, WAVe, and Crown. Only the LOD carries a compactor key.

A few people from the backroom has equipment keys, but they have been there for about a year. We have to sign out the keys, which sometimes sucks because they aren't enough keys for everyone who needs them

I carry a wave key >_>

I actually found it on the ground outside while doing a cart shift once. So on my car keys ring it went. Makes it handy actually, because if I need the wave I don't need to run back to the electronics boat and get the key from there that we keep.

i ahve my own bailer and compactor key. Hell, I'm a PA and we have so much cardboard every single day, probably enough for 2 good bails. And the amount of qmos i get each shift is about 4 or 5 large and in charge, bag fulls, don't you see my location. I need my own personal set of keys to keep the backroom clean. If i didn't have these keys, I would be walking a BR TM or LOD who has keys about 10 times a shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back