Archived Television in the breakroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has nothing to do with a sense of entitlement. I was amazed the first time I walked into the break room and saw it, tbh. But I like the privilege, and was curious if this is was company-wide or a store thing. And I now I'm finding it interesting how everyone's break rooms are set up for that.

When I see people complaining about the quality of tv they get in the break room yeah I would say it has everything to do with a sense of entitlement. These are the same people who complain that the FFF events do not come with free food. I have been around the retail world for some time now and I would say that Target is pretty good about this kind of stuff. Let's not look a gift horse in the mouth.

When I see people complaining about the quality of tv they get in the break room yeah I would say it has everything to do with a sense of entitlement. These are the same people who complain that the FFF events do not come with free food. I have been around the retail world for some time now and I would say that Target is pretty good about this kind of stuff. Let's not look a gift horse in the mouth.

Yeah, but if I gotta sit through another episode of "Meet The Browns", I'm gonna shank somebody over by the bulk plastics steel.

Yeah, but if I gotta sit through another episode of "Meet The Browns", I'm gonna shank somebody over by the bulk plastics steel.

I always enjoyed watching Bill Cunningham. Is your bulk plastics section a dark corner? I would be more concerned in the signing area.

Then those are the people who complain that FFF events shouldn't always have food.

Of the stores I've worked at they've all had DirectTV or DISH. I've never experienced a lapse in channel coverage due to bill pay. The store I'm at now has a DVD player and sometimes movies playing in the breakroom.

We have a tv but only have a requisitions antenna hooked into it. It just continuously goes in and out, stops and studders, and gives me a complete headache.

We have a TV in the breakroom and it's always race car driving, golfing. Seriously we get everyone likes golfing and race car driving but do we need to have it on 24/7? Forget asking to change it! Everyone's eyes are glued to the TV watching it:lazy: Sometimes I wish we didn't have cable!

Everyone pretty much ignores the TV & would like to simply have a quiet place to de-stress but then our ETL-HR comes in & turns it back on & cranks it up.

We have Direct TV. We got it for recognition for our stores great scores a few years ago. A few times the HR forgets to pay the bill and it went down for a few days. Before Direct TV we had over the air antenna.

I was told that there is actually a planogram for the breakroom.
I'll let that sink in for a minute.

It changes periodically but there is actually an approved layout (which doesn't include a coffee maker even if the staff is willing to kick in for it, we asked).
The planogram covers the location for the TV, microwaves, fridges, etc and is different depending on each stores layout.

Don't you feel warm and fuzzy all over knowing that the same people who do the frelling saleplans also design the place you go to get away from that drek?

I was told that there is actually a planogram for the breakroom.
I'll let that sink in for a minute.

It changes periodically but there is actually an approved layout (which doesn't include a coffee maker even if the staff is willing to kick in for it, we asked).
The planogram covers the location for the TV, microwaves, fridges, etc and is different depending on each stores layout.

Don't you feel warm and fuzzy all over knowing that the same people who do the frelling saleplans also design the place you go to get away from that drek?

No coffee maker? That wouldn't go well at our store. We have 3 keurig single cup coffee makers and there're always 4 different pod flavors.

We have no coffee maker, a toaster that burns everything no matter the setting (it has a red lic plate on it), they replace the microwave only when it breaks or it's so dirty that the tray won't turn any more, the fridge has all the bars across the door compartments broken off & the utensil/condiment bins are always empty.
The TV is a flatscreen that was returned. Most of our lockers have dead batteries, several have mangled doors from when TMs' items were inside when the batteries died & they opened them with pry bars, tire irons, screw drivers - you name it.

Ours gets everything. Local channels plus all the network channels... and here's a BIG PLUS. The NFL Network as well.

This is my first Target and I must say I'm even more impressed now after reading about some of your stores. We have two very nice TVs with every imaginable channel. Half the room watches sports events and Storage Wars and the other half watches everything from Disney movies to Judge whoever to Food Network. We have four refrigerators, 10 microwaves. Our coffee pot sorta sucks but we have toasters (yes plural) and a filtered water dispenser with hot and cold. I guess we're pretty lucky.

This is my first Target and I must say I'm even more impressed now after reading about some of your stores. We have two very nice TVs with every imaginable channel. Half the room watches sports events and Storage Wars and the other half watches everything from Disney movies to Judge whoever to Food Network. We have four refrigerators, 10 microwaves. Our coffee pot sorta sucks but we have toasters (yes plural) and a filtered water dispenser with hot and cold. I guess we're pretty lucky.
Wow!

I must be dreaming right now. Red, can you grab me a cup of water..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back