Archived Temp TL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got offered a Temporary Team Lead position. I was just wanted to know if any one has gone through this process and is willing to offer me some advice to make it Permanent.

Hopefully you got the $$$$ that goes along with it as well!!! Which workcenter?? Hardlines, soft lines, Plano?

Congrats?

Did you decline taking on the roll on a permanent basis? Or is the position itself temporary such as something related to a remodel?

I was told I'll be getting the same pay as a TL until October. I'm not sure if interviews or training will be involved. I was told the ETL HR was gonna tie some loose ends about the role before I start. However, I only see the ETL HR once every month since I work early mornings and she usually closes. I will be part of the logistics process.

I'm just getting a little bit anxious since I got only a couple of months to shine if I want to apply for a permanent role.

I've heard of floating temporary positions. I imagine they're looking to place you somewhere else in the district and are having you learn the ropes in the meantime.

It doesn't make sense to hire a temporary TL. Too much investment for someone to just leave in a few months.

We've had them a couple of times. Both were made permanent. In one case, a TL was going to be leaving, and everyone was on the fence about the temp. They let him give it a try, and we ran over headcount for a few months until the TL left. The temp did great, so he stayed.

I knew someone who was placed as a temp TL for a few months, he was basically filling in while they were looking and eventually training a new TL for the position. They gave him TL pay and hours, but eventually demoted him once the official TL took over.

I knew someone who was placed as a temp TL for a few months, he was basically filling in while they were looking and eventually training a new TL for the position. They gave him TL pay and hours, but eventually demoted him once the official TL took over.
They got the spot shaft:(

We did that a couple of Years ago during the holidays. We had a toy TL and a recovery TL. After Christmas they both were just TMs again.

My store has a temp tl now (actual tl is on loa) and the same guy was a temp tl of store pickup orders or something during 4th quarter. He is on the bench and has been since before that temporary seasonal tl stint. They call him tl and pay him like a tl until it's over. Idk how to make it permanent other than hoping a permanent tl spot opens up somewhere.

My advice is show them that you can make positive impacts, on the team as well as the work center... Keep of with metrics and speak to them with knowledge and professionalism. This is just the first step to so much more!

Cross your fingers for a permanent spot, but if you were promoted as temporary, count on being demoted some time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back