Archived Temporary discount card and name tag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine is expired today and I was wondering if the permanent comes in the mail or should I ask for it? Diddnt get it with my first paycheck either. Same question for my name tag

You'll get your discount card with your first check and you might have to bug the HR TM, to get your name tag.

You might have to ask whoever gives out the checks if they have your discount card. They come to the store separated.

Permanent name tags take weeks to months at my store. They put them on an order list and don't send it out until it reaches some sort of critical mass.

You can ask someone to write up another temp discount card. HR has them. Don't be shy about asking someone if your real discount card came in. At my store, they are put in an envelope and put on a cork board in the HR office. Same with name tags.

It was nearly a year before I got my own name badge. Prolly 'cause the HRTM didn't like me.
It was a stuck on label & she didn't even spell my name right.
After she left, I got one pretty quick.

It literally takes like 5 minutes to order a name badge, so if a TM requests it, it really should be done the same day. Or they can at least give you a temporary one and make a name label.

It literally takes like 5 minutes to order a name badge, so if a TM requests it, it really should be done the same day. Or they can at least give you a temporary one and make a name label.

Just out of curiousity, are nametags recycled?

Like, if a "Matt" leaves my store is it sent to some certain central nametag warehouse until another store that needs a "Matt" nametag orders it? Some of the nametags I've seen, even for new TM's look really old and beat-up?

Like, if a "Matt" leaves my store is it sent to some certain central nametag warehouse until another store that needs a "Matt" nametag orders it? Some of the nametags I've seen, even for new TM's look really old and beat-up?
At my store, they are recycled.

I hardly EVER saw TMs who quit turn in their name tags! LOL
We used to make a label for new tms instead of them using New Team Member ones but somewhere along the way our dtl said don't do that anymore. So even after they got their actual name tag, rarely did they turn the new TM ones in.

Any badges that were left behind by TMs were kept at HR for recycling until the TM got their proper name badge.
Lately, we've had so many new hires quit in such a short time that the latest batch of badges only had 2-3 who actually were around to claim theirs.

You can also ask the cashier to key your team member discount if you don't have a discount card. That's how they enter the temporary ones, just do K4 (discounts) > K3 (team member discount) during a transaction and you can type in the team member number. Entering your TM discount online works the same way.

Well our store usually orders two name badges every time we order for a TM, so there's multiples floating around. A lot of TMs also choose to keep their badge at the store, so they'll just go to the storage container that contain all the name badges filed alphabetically, find one with their name and use it for the day. So sometimes when we're lazy during orientation and we happen to have a Matt or John or *insert common name*, we'll just give them one that's already been in circulation.

You can also ask the cashier to key your team member discount if you don't have a discount card. That's how they enter the temporary ones, just do K4 (discounts) > K3 (team member discount) during a transaction and you can type in the team member number. Entering your TM discount online works the same way.

This. But please only do this at your own store. If you go to another store who doesn't know you from Adam, the answer should be "no."

I was told not to do this unless the discount card won't scan. Even at my own store or for someone that works at my store.

Your not suppose to type in numbers because the team member number could be an old employee... they keep you in system.. many people who left company came back after years of not working and their numbers are still the same and plus someone (not a target employee) could be using a number they are borrowing (friend,family, or simply overheard it because some cashier wasn't following best practice).. oh and temp discount cards are suppose to be handed over to cashier not read aloud

Your not suppose to type in numbers because the team member number could be an old employee... they keep you in system.. many people who left company came back after years of not working and their numbers are still the same and plus someone (not a target employee) could be using a number they are borrowing (friend,family, or simply overheard it because some cashier wasn't following best practice).. oh and temp discount cards are suppose to be handed over to cashier not read aloud

Makes sense. My little store is very lax on a lot of that AP type stuff.

Sometimes I will discreetly take off my name tag and slip it in my pocket if a guest is signing up for a red card. It's to awkward When a guest is getting the, "Application needs further review" and someone is on the walkie screaming and yelling, "Woo Whoo! Bullseye babe! Blah blah...that makes blah blah!" It's humiliating for the guests & for me. Even when I explain that it doesn't mean they don't qualify & that their bank may just want to verify for their security it's still awkward.

Sometimes I will discreetly take off my name tag and slip it in my pocket if a guest is signing up for a red card. It's to awkward When a guest is getting the, "Application needs further review" and someone is on the walkie screaming and yelling, "Woo Whoo! Bullseye babe! Blah blah...that makes blah blah!" It's humiliating for the guests & for me. Even when I explain that it doesn't mean they don't qualify & that their bank may just want to verify for their security it's still awkward.

If you're carrying a walkie and they start that crap, just turn down your volume. I have a GSA who's very loud on the walkie.

Oh man, we have to turn ours down all the time! The GSAs, GSTLs & and ETLs are loud and almost constant on the walkie yelling about RCs. Guests complain about it a lot.

I think I posted this someplace else but one time we had a particularly loud and annoying etl go "woo hoo!" on the walkie after someone got a red card. There was a guest standing near me and he said, "Do you have to listen to that all night?". When I replied, "Yes". He said,"I'm sorry.".

Yep! Our guests are complaining every day. I can't describe how bad it is now without it sounding like a gross exaggeration.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back