Archived The bench advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have recently been put on the bench for a team lead position, but my situation is unique. My ETL and HR ETL think I would be a great Starbucks team leader, but we have an open sales floor team lead position that I applied floor. I think my Starbucks team lead may have applied for the sales floor team lead,and she's been burnt out over at Starbucks lately. Personally I love it over there. I love my guest, I get red cards when I have down time and still complete Starbucks tasks, etc. So the question is if it were to come down to my Starbucks team lead getting the sales floor team lead position, since I am on the bench, would it make it easier for me to get the Starbucks team lead position especially since I am the oldest trained Starbucks member and only AST left at Starbucks or would I have to apply for it? If I try to apply for a position through the system I have to wait 180 days from the day I applied for the sales floor team lead position.

If you're on the bench, then you don't need to apply for anything. You are ready to be placed into an open TL spot. If they aren't immediately putting you into the open sales floor position, it might be that your leadership is about to shuffle people around. You could end up anywhere honestly, but they should be finding the best spot for everyone in leadership. You might do great at Starbucks, but they might think you need some development in another area.

First and foremost, remember that you are a Team Leader. That means that you must be a leader first. You will be responsible for a team and process/area no matter where they place you. Even if you end up in Starbucks, don't think of yourself as a higher paid Starbucks tm. You are a leader in the building who should be looked to for guidance, questions, advice, leadership...all that, no matter what you are the TL of.

Last edited:
I agree with sigma7 but also you must remember being a TL no matter the department your a leader for the entire store of TMs too and you will need to help in other areas and aspects of the store whether it's helping over breaks in departments or even working the salesfloor pushing cafs etc it feels right because you know that department doesn't mean you won't necessarily excel in any other area of the store that may be something they are planning with you because a widely cross trained TL is much more valuable than a TL who strictly knows just 1 department

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back