MEGATHREAD The On-Demand Team Member (ODTM) Thread

Guest Avocado

Order Pickup and Service Desk
Announced today in the Monthly Planner. In August, On Demand Style Consultant and On Demand Food & Beverage Expert job codes will be added, in addition to the pre-existing On Demand Guest Advocate, On Demand General Merchandise Expert, and On Demand Fulfillment Expert job codes.
The OD F&B Expert job is meant for Consumables and MDF, not Produce, Bakery, Deli, Liquor, SBUX, or Café. But considering how many stores threw everyone into random ODTM job codes last year, it shouldn’t affect most stores. Only really the ones who followed it to the book.

IWishIKnew

This was supposed to be a seasonal job...
Went in this week and sat there while the HR ETL resubmitted the request so I was able to accept the transfer.

Now I get to call next week, when the ODTM trainings drop in, to schedule a couple hours just to do training. I wonder if I can talk them into letting me do them at home and send in my start & end for punch corrections.

Went in this week and sat there while the HR ETL resubmitted the request so I was able to accept the transfer.

Now I get to call next week, when the ODTM trainings drop in, to schedule a couple hours just to do training. I wonder if I can talk them into letting me do them at home and send in my start & end for punch corrections.
Did you do them at home and do punch corrections later? When I did the ODTM trainings (after being GM for 4+ years) it was on-boarding for new TMs and each one took for fucking ever. I refused to do the 3+ hour cashier one because a) 3+ hours b) i hate cashiering c) that's just stupid.
Meanwhile -- I pick up one or two shifts (of GM only) every six weeks. Now I'm told I have training 'overdue' and I want to do it at home but know they will say OH NO YOU CANT DO THAT!!!!! so I just don't do it.

Did you do them at home and do punch corrections later? When I did the ODTM trainings (after being GM for 4+ years) it was on-boarding for new TMs and each one took for fucking ever. I refused to do the 3+ hour cashier one because a) 3+ hours b) i hate cashiering c) that's just stupid.
Meanwhile -- I pick up one or two shifts (of GM only) every six weeks. Now I'm told I have training 'overdue' and I want to do it at home but know they will say OH NO YOU CANT DO THAT!!!!! so I just don't do it.
A 3 hour cashier training would only take me 30 to 45 minutes max. I don’t read every single thing, I skip whatever I can.

IWishIKnew

This was supposed to be a seasonal job...
I haven't yet bothered to call about it, but I should probably do that soon. I'll let the thread know if I talk them into it. Hoping "I don't want to catch COVID spending a couple hours in the little training room" will provide a sufficient excuse, but we shall see.

I would also hope that being one of the most reliable GMTMs in the store would also weigh in my favor, but that's not the way retail leadership rolls.