MEGATHREAD The On-Demand Team Member (ODTM) Thread

The new mytime app should help you with picking up shifts when you feel like it too. We have a few tms that are od and have set schedules where they work every few weekends and stuff like that too

I know there has been some talk about this app on here, but I don't really know a lot about it. I tried to find it on the app store, but it doesn't seem to be available on iPhone yet. Will this replace the UKG/Kronos? I have that downloaded and I use it to check my schedule, but my store doesn't really promote it or anything. We have a swap board on the wall of TSC, but an app would be so much more convenient to be able to check from home.

I know there has been some talk about this app on here, but I don't really know a lot about it. I tried to find it on the app store, but it doesn't seem to be available on iPhone yet. Will this replace the UKG/Kronos? I have that downloaded and I use it to check my schedule, but my store doesn't really promote it or anything. We have a swap board on the wall of TSC, but an app would be so much more convenient to be able to check from home.
Yeah it replaces those. Its not live for all stores yet either but should be soon

No app in the app store. There is a convoluted way to get it on your phone, but I'm android, so I just got the app. Can't help with apple. If your store still uses paper swap board, they might not have anything to pick up online.

How does health insurance work if you switch to On Demand? I assume in weeks you work premiums would continue to deduct from your check, but what about periods when you don't?

So Target is basically extending the time so they can make the turnover rates look lower than they really are!!

I wonder if your discount still works?
But if you are on an LOA for any reason, that wouldn't be counted as turnover anyway, right? And this way no one has to deal with getting put back in the system when they come back to work. It actually seems like a good idea.

One possibility crossed my mind. Target has implemented a nationwide $15/hour minimum, which in some cities is far above what similar jobs elsewhere pay, although in high-cost-of-living high-wage areas it's nothing special compared with what they pay at McDonald's.

By creating a ODTMs, Target now has a second-tier group of "gig workers", albeit ones who are W-4 employees rather than 1099 independent contractors. ODTMs have no regular schedule, no minimum hours, and fewer TM benefits than "regular" TMs. As TM attrition occurs over time, a lot of those positions won't be replaced but "filled" by a growing number of ODTMs.

The main appeal for gig workers is that this is a W-4 job, so you have wage withholding for taxes. By contrast, most gig workers are classified as 1099 contractors, not employees. 1099 workers must pay their own self-employment taxes and make quarterly estimated-tax payments to the IRS.

My store got communication that the 6-week shift rotation got changed to 6-months. Can anyone confirm? I know many students are choosing this over an educational LOA because those requirements got changed as well.

It’s official— no more EDU loas, only ODTMs

It’s now 6mo. And it can be longer I think if youre approved by HR
Yes.

The new guidelines in eHR say at least a 4-hour shift every 6 months now to accommodate college students, since as of this summer, Target has eliminated the ELOA (Educational LOA) and college kids can't always come back every 6 weeks just to pick up a 4-hour shift at Target lol.

I'll update the main message.

I just talked to my ETL-HR and starting August 29, I will officially be an ODTM. I was told I can give my ETL dates I know I will be available to work the month or 2 prior and then I can pick up any extra shifts I’d like that I am trained for. She said our store will be switching over from the swap board to the app next month, so that will be helpful. She also told me to just call if I want to work a shift. She also said I need to work at least 1 shift every 3 months and she thought I would still be eligible for raises, which I had read I wouldn’t be. Oh well, my last part time job, I had capped out, so I didn’t get a raise for the last 10 years I worked there.

This almost seems too good to be true. After working pretty much every weekend for the past 25 years, the thought of being able to decide when and how much I will work is amazing.

Just highlighting this part because I can be a cynical kind of guy. It would suck if when you wanted to work you never found a shift you wanted to work.

Good luck to you, BobSmith!

Thank you. I am also fairly cynical and am a little concerned that it all seems too easy. At this point I am just going to put my September dates in my ETL's mailbox and see how it goes.

Is there a way to shift back to a standard TM after becoming On-Demand?

Also, I'm wondering if On-Demand TMs qualify for bonuses like the $200 one announced today or the previous ones last year?

Is there a way to shift back to a standard TM after becoming On-Demand?

Also, I'm wondering if On-Demand TMs qualify for bonuses like the $200 one announced today or the previous ones last year?
Definitely yes to the first and I really hope so for the second (can someone confirm?)

I'm currently on a school LOA and am hitting my 7 month (because of summer classes I took the 12 month leave) but according to this I only get 6 months now. Will I be fired because I haven't gone back yet and haven't heard about this until now?

I'm currently on a school LOA and am hitting my 7 month (because of summer classes I took the 12 month leave) but according to this I only get 6 months now. Will I be fired because I haven't gone back yet and haven't heard about this until now?
Ask your hr for more info.

so what happens to all my sick hours, like do i actually have to call out of shifts i pick up or

Back