MEGATHREAD The On-Demand Team Member (ODTM) Thread

I am on demand. They just started putting me on the regular schedule without asking. Do I need to work these? Tm’s or leaving for college etc... and we are short but how should I handle this?

I am on demand. They just started putting me on the regular schedule without asking. Do I need to work these? Tm’s or leaving for college etc... and we are short but how should I handle this?
Talk to your ETL asap

when you become on demand you sign something saying they cannot put you on the schedule without your approval

I got hired in mid-July and I've just recently heard about this option—do you think that my HR ETL would let me become an ODSM so quickly after getting a job? I already know how to do my job since it's been a month of almost full-time work, but is there a minimum amount of time with Target to be eligible to become an ODSM?

I got hired in mid-July and I've just recently heard about this option—do you think that my HR ETL would let me become an ODSM so quickly after getting a job? I already know how to do my job since it's been a month of almost full-time work, but is there a minimum amount of time with Target to be eligible to become an ODSM?
No way. You haven’t been there long enough. And why did you take the job if 30 days later you don’t want to work?

ok so i'm going on demand after transferring to a new store - i know the rule says like every six months for students (or six weeks at least overall) - can the store try to pressure me into working more often and can i get in trouble if i don't work more often?

also, i'm transferring to a small format store and i know/like departments like style/beauty but they said since it's specialized they can't rly give me shifts there and i'm mainly gonna be in gen merch... but can i somehow get them to authorize me to pick up shifts in style etc. if someone does happen to post one? how do i go about that cuz i know mytime is weird about what you can pick up

thank you!

I've been ODTM for the past 6 months. I got an email today from HR asking for my availability so we can be scheduled during Nov and Dec. I thought this was the point of doing On Demand! To get away from being scheduled ...can they require you to be regularly scheduled as ODTM??

I've been ODTM for the past 6 months. I got an email today from HR asking for my availability so we can be scheduled during Nov and Dec. I thought this was the point of doing On Demand! To get away from being scheduled ...can they require you to be regularly scheduled as ODTM??
You must work at least one shift every 6 mo. They may just want to know if you can be scheduled during the peak times

We are asking everyone. Some On-Demand team members will want to load up on hours during school breaks, others won't, for example. Maybe they need a regular Tuesday closer and wonder if you would be up for once a week. Just let them know.

So when I was told and became a On-Demand TM, I was told I had to work a shift every 6 weeks. Is it every 6 months now? Or still every 6 weeks? Not a student.

So when I was told and became a On-Demand TM, I was told I had to work a shift every 6 weeks. Is it every 6 months now? Or still every 6 weeks? Not a student.
6mo definitely for students, idk about everyone else. Technically it’s unlimited… it’s just that they can just terminate you after that time if they feel like it

Talk to your ETL asap

when you become on demand you sign something saying they cannot put you on the schedule without your approval
I looked it up on workday and took a pic of the policy before going to talk about it. They said odtm didn’t mean they couldn’t schedule me if they needed me and asked if I couldn’t work why did I still work there. I told them that isn’t what I signed and they kept pushing back until I showed them the picture stating odtm are not scheduled unless contacted to see if they could work. She said I guess you covered all of your bases. Then next day I got a text asking if I should be put on the schedule. I said no and they proceeded to schedule me. I think I am going to promote myself to guest soon.

I looked it up on workday and took a pic of the policy before going to talk about it. They said odtm didn’t mean they couldn’t schedule me if they needed me and asked if I couldn’t work why did I still work there. I told them that isn’t what I signed and they kept pushing back until I showed them the picture stating odtm are not scheduled unless contacted to see if they could work. She said I guess you covered all of your bases. Then next day I got a text asking if I should be put on the schedule. I said no and they proceeded to schedule me. I think I am going to promote myself to guest soon.
Yikes, they are just not getting the picture. Crazy.

Yikes, they are just not getting the picture. Crazy.
After this they contacted me when creating the next schedule. I told them I could work every once in awhile on sundays but not every one. They literally put me on the very next schedule on a Sunday and still had me on the Saturday I told them I couldn’t work. On top of that I am flexible fulfillment and they scheduled me in GM. Last straw, I promoted myself to Guest today.

Do you have to be a team member already to apply for ODTM? I work a full time job and just had my first baby. I want to quit my job but want security in knowing that I’ll still have some sort of income coming in.

Are all stores offering OD or does it depend on business needs. I am thinking about taking an extended summer break next year. When would I talk to my leader about this possiblility?

Back