Archived The "Vent about all the crazy shit that happened during your shift" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call steritech, they can make it a priority.
Does Steritech actually have the authority to do anything? My understanding is that they are a company hired by Target to make sure we are in compliance for when the actual agencies,(Dept of Ag, Health Dept etc), come in.

Does Steritech actually have the authority to do anything? My understanding is that they are a company hired by Target to make sure we are in compliance for when the actual agencies,(Dept of Ag, Health Dept etc), come in.

You can see if a surprise inspection can happen.. If not go straight to Dept of Health and tell them that you know of food violations and have them look for what you are seeing. They can and do come in and shock and aww leadership. You don't have to tell them your name, but give them all detail

I did it with fire marshal once. Fine was over a grand..

Steritech always looks at pet food storage in the back, and under the basedecks in pet food on the floor. We don't have any pet food on a trailer though. He found mouse poop under the basedeck once, and things got cleaned up pretty fast after that.

But you fail one to many inspections you have to have your STL and DTL walk the next time Steritech comes in. So it can piss off leadership beyond your store.

Trailer's cleared out of pet food now! And I didn't have to call anybody because the pest control guy came in, found out about the trailer (nobody told him about it last time he came) and apparently got real pissed off and threatened to get us shut down or something. Progress, yaaay.

My store has three docks. Dock 1 is for the GM truck. Dock 2 is for deliveries and FDC. Dock 3 has a storage trailer we aren't supposed to have. ETL has the idea to move that trailer from 3 to 2. Here's the problem: 3's dock plate is completely non functional: its parts were used to fix 2 a while back. No problem, they'll just have some dudes come over and fix 3!

They decide to move the trailer and have the dock fixed on a Friday, aka "The day Coke, Pepsi, 7UP and the milk vendor bring an assload of pallets in." Still no working overhead door, too. What followed was several hours of shenanigans that would make Wile. E. Coyote shudder. My favorite was the part where we had to use a driver's cargo straps to tie the stacker to his pallet jack (which had more straps tying it to a pallet of water) to pull the jack forward just enough so it was no longer just hanging there, stuck on a makeshift ramp between his truck and our store. That was a great time that didn't leave me hating my existence, oh no. Not at all.

Oh, and they came to look at that dock and said they'd need to order parts and they'd be in touch. Hahahahaha, heard that before and I'm on week 4 of not having a functioning overhead door, assholes! Okay, dock and door guys are different companies but still. I'm just tired of everything I need to do my job being a half-functional piece of shit.

I don't even want to think about the vendor backstock aisle that is full of outdated product. Shelves of it from one vendor. Shelves more from another vendor. Shelves and shelves of wine we probably don't sell anymore, half of it probably from a vendor who comes in every six months. The random assortment of Hostess, probably all from the recall 2 weeks ago.

tl;dr:
mvBdly0.gif

Last edited:
@Circle9 nice job just dealing with it all. I would have called the ETL back for every delivery and asked him how the fuck he wants to upload it.

Does your PMT have any tools that can help lift up the dock plate manually? Like could you step onto the vendor's trailer and use a crowbar to pry it up?

@SFSFun Good one. He had the day off and even if he was there, he'd probably find some way to disappear halfway through or try and make it a "so what would you do in this situation?" and put the burden on somebody else to figure it out. Besides, the less I have to interact with him, the better for me.

@Hardlinesmaster One of our Coke drivers has a little plate that he uses to bridge the gap and I've asked our PMT about ordering one of those because it is amazing. Seriously glad our Friday Coke delivery was that driver because it went so unbelievably smooth. Maybe I should start bugging him every day about getting one of those.

Our PMT ended up calling somebody to move the storage trailer back again until they're ready to actually fix the dock plate. Did they? Not by the time I left work yesterday; hopefully today's FDC delivery didn't have to deal with that mess. It'll be a surprise what the dock situation looks like Monday.

Not a rant, just a really nice experience with a guest. I was helping a woman locate a baby monitor for her unborn grandchild. After I grabbed it for her, she asked about diapers and got into a tangent about her family and their history of large babies. Of course the woman was while very much a talker, she was overall very sweet. I'm pretty introverted and reserved, but I didn't mind listening to her with the occasional input. She also mentioned how she was from a military family, which I am from as well. She talked about how great it was for kids from that sort of background were more rounded as a result of going all over and travelling. After some more assistance, she thanked me thoroughly and gave me a hug.

Sometimes guests are great.

I might not be with spot anymore but I had a real jackass a few days ago. Very rude from the start. and he wanted me to cut him a pound of prosciutto at about 9:15 at night (not a problem) and he got all mad and said "you don't know what your doing you idiot!" and "you don't know how to handle the product!" I WOULD HAVE layered it for him if he would have just waited! but he said "ill take what you cut already!" such a putz! id gladly never take him again! I was so angry that after he left I went into the back preparation room and had to be alone to regain my composer!

I might not be with spot anymore but I had a real jackass a few days ago. Very rude from the start. and he wanted me to cut him a pound of prosciutto at about 9:15 at night (not a problem) and he got all mad and said "you don't know what your doing you idiot!" and "you don't know how to handle the product!" I WOULD HAVE layered it for him if he would have just waited! but he said "ill take what you cut already!" such a putz! id gladly never take him again! I was so angry that after he left I went into the back preparation room and had to be alone to regain my composer!
Ugh. I hate people who do crap like that. If he wants perfect proscuitto then he needs to get the pre-packaged stuff.

Finding out after the great sewage leak and back up that it all needs to dug up again. Our breakroom which is missing half the floor to replace a pipe had concrete poured to complete the fix. Nope wrong pipe pitch so it needs to be dug up again and farther out of the building.

Wonder how many hours they are going to cut to cover the cost cause BTS is not a time you can run on a skelton crew.. But I bet we will.

Finding out after the great sewage leak and back up that it all needs to dug up again. Our breakroom which is missing half the floor to replace a pipe had concrete poured to complete the fix. Nope wrong pipe pitch so it needs to be dug up again and farther out of the building.

Wonder how many hours they are going to cut to cover the cost cause BTS is not a time you can run on a skelton crew.. But I bet we will.

That's more of an issue of the contractor(s) not doing their job correctly, so either they or their insurance company should cover the cost of the do-over.
(That's an issue I deal with in my non-Spot job)
So if they are blaming any hour cuts on that...they're full of crap!

Last edited by a moderator:
So on the website it is showing a couple PS4 bundles as like 86% off or something and its a sytem error.

It is a mess people are coming in and demanding it "im calling corporate" etc etc

We basically have rejected everyone asking for it and now we took them and hid them in the back. We are "out"

People are still pissed it isnt in stock cos the website says "available"

So on the website it is showing a couple PS4 bundles as like 86% off or something and its a sytem error.

It is a mess people are coming in and demanding it "im calling corporate" etc etc

We basically have rejected everyone asking for it and now we took them and hid them in the back. We are "out"

People are still pissed it isnt in stock cos the website says "available"
We did the same thing with the Xbox fiasco back in October. I told someone that even if they were able to walk through the backroom, they still wouldn't find any. It's just a good thing that the AP office isn't in the backroom...

That's more of an issue of the contractor(s) not doing their job correctly, so either they or their insurance company should cover the cost of the do-over.
(That's an issue I deal with in my non-Spot job)
So if they are blaming any hour cuts on that...they're full of crap!

I know this. As they announced the plan for the dig and pour they said three days. I said double it, I have done construction work as a summer job. I know how it goes.. I was slightly wrong they needed to triple the time. I can't really blame them though, the issue without to much detail was they thought a rotten fitting was the issue, but after the fix the issue was still happening so then they found the pitch was wrong and it was just grace of the poo god that it hadn't happened sooner. I know its a different budget, but if that budget affects bonuses? Hours will be trimmed to protect that bonus.

I requested last Friday off so I could have a 3-day weekend with my gf. Repeatedly said I'd gladly train somebody to cover receiving for it. Got told that we can't train anybody right now and the other receiving-trained TM is needed for the backroom more. But they'll be generous enough to schedule the new backroom TL (formerly a GSTL) under receiving so somebody will be around to at least let vendors in (...and then what?).

Apparently the PMT and flow TL ended up checking in most the vendors. No idea what my new TL was doing. I came in today and spent most my shift dealing with the 16 packages from Friday, the pile of defectives left in my space again, finding room for the line and pallets left in the truck from Saturday, showing some new hire whos name I won't bother learning how to make a bale and trying to catch up. Didn't even touch the pallet's worth of salvage in front of an already fully pallet because there's no room for any of that, what with the line clogged with Saturday's BTS backstock and lord knows what else.

I requested last Friday off so I could have a 3-day weekend with my gf. Repeatedly said I'd gladly train somebody to cover receiving for it. Got told that we can't train anybody right now and the other receiving-trained TM is needed for the backroom more. But they'll be generous enough to schedule the new backroom TL (formerly a GSTL) under receiving so somebody will be around to at least let vendors in (...and then what?).

Apparently the PMT and flow TL ended up checking in most the vendors. No idea what my new TL was doing. I came in today and spent most my shift dealing with the 16 packages from Friday, the pile of defectives left in my space again, finding room for the line and pallets left in the truck from Saturday, showing some new hire whos name I won't bother learning how to make a bale and trying to catch up. Didn't even touch the pallet's worth of salvage in front of an already fully pallet because there's no room for any of that, what with the line clogged with Saturday's BTS backstock and lord knows what else.

I dont know how my receiver hasnt gone completely insane from the shit he deals with on a daily basis. Doesnt help they changed our hours around so from 6-8 he has to help pull autofills and we arent allowing any vendors in until 8am when our dock hours open up until only 2pm

Wasn't paying attention to the boxes I was opening today, opened up a very maggot infested box of dog food and pretty much coated my arm in maggots. The smell and the feeling still hasn't quite left me, it's bound to be nightmare fodder for a few weeks.

Also a WWII vet tried to sell me his Cadillac.

I dont know how my receiver hasnt gone completely insane from the shit he deals with on a daily basis. Doesnt help they changed our hours around so from 6-8 he has to help pull autofills and we arent allowing any vendors in until 8am when our dock hours open up until only 2pm

If my store did that vendors would refuse to to deliver if we only opened after 8am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back