Archived the "walk off" ETL or SR. TL... help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello -

long time lurker of this forum and just signed up. i served as an AP for about 2 years before i made the leap to a senior team lead about 4 months ago. i have done many walk offs with etls and fellow senior trainers, but had my first walk off with our stl last night. at the end of the walk he basically crucified me for not giving enough detail in my walk off even though etls and other seniors seemed okay with the info. i was providing. i need your help! what do you all cover in your walk off? i will tell you what i cover in my "speech" as we begin our walk by the registers and walk the race track and the backroom.

- talk about where our current sales are for the day
- how many red cards we had
- talk about call ins (if we had any)
- tell the closer that all things discussed in the closing email were completed
- usually say all re-shop is done
- talk about bottom 3 and what was done in those departments
- talk about softlines and hardlines and who is working on what and what was done during peek hour
- stop in backroom and check for pulls, which are normally zero to two on the line
- talk about what plano did for the day

i feel i am giving ample information, but apparently i am not. can i get some advise in what you discuss in your walk offs? i know every store is different, but am hoping to find some common ground!

Thanks!

Welcome! Is walk off, the new term for walking the floor? Just take good notes on what you see walking the floor, interact with the closing tm's for issues or concerns. communicate & know your teams is the key to success.

I can't help you with your question much except to ask if you had a sit down with the jerk who ripped you to find out what they were really looking for.
It's possible they were having a bad night and were looking for someone to take it out on.

I can say welcome to The Break Room.

And just remember

Illegitimi non carborundum

hmmm seems pretty basic, i havent heard of "walk offs" but im going to assume it is when you are finishing your LOD shift? if so... talk about instocks, what you did for smart huddle or 4x4. how was logistics in whole? where is price change at and is clearance worked to the floor. if not, whats your plan. how is your key area fill? any projects that need to be completed in the evening if possible and what are you seeing that could be worked on tomorrow? coaching conversations you have had, teaching and training... etc. I could go on forever but if you and your ETL team are experienced and you get each other than it isnt a problem IMO with what your saying. I usually like to pretend im walking a visit and get as much info as possible

- talk about where our current sales are for the day
- how many red cards we had
- talk about call ins (if we had any)
- tell the closer that all things discussed in the closing email were completed
- usually say all re-shop is done
- talk about bottom 3 and what was done in those departments
- talk about softlines and hardlines and who is working on what and what was done during peek hour
- stop in backroom and check for pulls, which are normally zero to two on the line
- talk about what plano did for the day

I might steal this for LOD handoffs. I particularly like having every LOD know what the bottom 3 depts are and what they did during their shift to improve that area.

I hate these damn things...

As a Pfresh Assistant all I see is too much walking, and not enough doing...

The best is when the group of 2 ETLs and 2 TLs ask if I can change a header, in the middle of the clusterf@!k a Market open is... Then walk right by it...

You realize you guys have 8 hands, while one of mine has a bottle of Degreaser in it and the other one an entire Metro of produce.

Welcome! Is walk off, the new term for walking the floor? Just take good notes on what you see walking the floor, interact with the closing tm's for issues or concerns. communicate & know your teams is the key to success.
or handoff? curious what they're talking about.

or handoff? curious what they're talking about.

Handoff is when the LOD walks the store with the next scheduled LOD, usually other ETLs and TLs will tag along too.
You walk the entire store and stockroom and pretty much talk about what happened during your shift.
You basically cover everything MrsSrTl said. Every store is different, some handoffs are more informative and productive while others are useless.

At my store they go either way, you get detailed information that will actually help you run the store or useless nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back