Archived Thinking about leaving Target, but not sure if that's the most smart move?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starry

World's happiest cynic.
Yes, I know not even a week ago I made a thread about possibly trying to work in the Pharmacy, but a lot apparently can change in just a few days. :p

I am officially done with college and have finally earned my Bachelors degree in Psychology. Despite the stereotypes, you can actually have a decent job with just a Bach in Psych. However, in order to utilize this degree, I may need to move out of my hometown (which currently is the plan for sometime next year). Until then, I'll do volunteer work/internships at places like clinics, offices, etc.

I still need to make money while I save up for future plans, and I'm strongly considering leaving Target. I don't really care for the current management and I actually dread going into work for every shift. In that, if I'm in a good mood before work, I actually feel sad and anxious when I go to clock in. It also doesn't help that I've been there for 3 years and my overall raises have equated to less than $0.50.

As such, to the suggestion of classmates of mine, they've suggested looking into being a waiter. Yes, I know how little they actually make and that waiters survive on tips, but there are some fairly high end restaurants where old money goes to dine. If I did a good job, I'd probably make more as a waiter than at Target.

Thoughts?

actually better yet is a bartender. there hourly pay is higher and tge tips are higher. depending on location you can pull in $200-$300 a night.

If you're a good looking woman, you will easily make more money than anything Target would pay you.

actually better yet is a bartender. there hourly pay is higher and tge tips are higher. depending on location you can pull in $200-$300 a night.

I've thought about that as well. This upcoming Monday, when I'm not working 8 hour shifts for 4 days in a row, I'm heading downtown to do some job hunting.

If you're a good looking woman, you will easily make more money than anything Target would pay you.

Haha, not quite. I'm a guy, but I suppose I could work at a gay bar. :D

If you are a good bartender & a Good listener you will make great tips no matter what your gender is. Ladies tip too.
Have you tended bar before? If not it could be a harder job to get then a waiter job.
In my opinion though, you are young and could have a great future in psychology. Yes there are man types of jobs where that would come in handy.
I don't think target could be one. It will burn you out way to fast.

Depending on what part of the country you are in (namely one that appreciates decent coffee) you can make a decent living as a barista.
Like a bartender but you don't need as much formal training.

hmmm i know this would be a stretch... but since you dont care to much for the leadership... they probably dont care too much about you either BUT can you imagine being an ETL with the knowledge of a psych major??? maybe i a little naive but you could literally get what you wanted as long as you arent a dbag. just food for thought

Join the military or apply to one of their graduate programs and live the easy officer life while getting paid to go to school.

Or bartend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back