Archived Third Party Gift Card Returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleEye

Executive Team Leader
Today I had a guest come in with 12 of the $30 T-Mobile refill cards and she wanted to return them. She had a valid receipt but I was unclear if we could take back mobile top-up cards, so I asked the LOD. She told me to deny the return because we have had some trouble with people returning used cards.

I know we can't accept retail gift cards because they are managed by our card partners, but I was unclear on mobile cards. I denied the return but the guest wasn't happy and was going to call guest relations. I asked her if she needed the number and she said "No, I already know it". (I wonder if she tried at another store).

Any guest service TMs wanna chime in?

They can be returned but I have directed guest services to only issue target gift cards for them. If you check the prepaid cards on target.com they do say they can be returned. Only accept them if they have the same activation code on the receipt as on the card. When iTunes cards are bought in bulk it only shows one code per DPCI, so odds are this lady bought them in bulk so they don't show activation codes and probably just stole some unactivated ones off the floor to return them. If it only shows one activation code then only accept the one that matches for the return. It's up to your discretion if you want to do a receipt-less return after that (she probably wouldn't cough up an ID to do that).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back