Archived Those free gift cards with purchase...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've meant to ask this, but only remember when I'm at work. When people get the free gift card with purchase, and they get more than one, can we put it all on the same card? And if we can, should we? Or does the guest get all freaked out thinking they got shorted a gift card?

Havent cashiered in a while. But Im only going off memory. When you do a price inquiry on a gift card and shows you the balance. I BELIEVE that there is a option above the print balance that says combine gift cards. This would have to be done after the transaction of course but still may not be what your looking for.

Or just after the transaction is done. Say they got 3 5$gift cards. Pick out and additional on ring it up for 15.00 and pay with the 3. Ask your GSA/GSTL if this is fine. Mine didnt care at the time I did this because they told me too.

I wasn't ever successful at scanning the same card during trans but, after the trans is finished, you can scan a card & it will give you the option to combine giftcards all onto one.

I normally just put it on the 3 then ask the guest if he would like me to combine them into 1 card when the transaction is finished.

I did it all the time at SD. I'd have a new mom or bride that had a fistful of giftcards & I'd ask if they wanted me to combine them. It was worth it to see them light up like that.
Of course, I'd have warn them not to lose that ONE CARD now that it had a huge balance on it.

I've meant to ask this, but only remember when I'm at work. When people get the free gift card with purchase, and they get more than one, can we put it all on the same card? And if we can, should we? Or does the guest get all freaked out thinking they got shorted a gift card?

Can't in the same transaction, If you meet the criteria for one or more qualifying promotion the system will only allow the gift card to be loaded once, but as other said, i'd just combine them. That not only saves the guest frustration but also expenses for the store ;-)

Can't in the same transaction, If you meet the criteria for one or more qualifying promotion the system will only allow the gift card to be loaded once, but as other said, i'd just combine them. That not only saves the guest frustration but also expenses for the store ;-)

If you are thinking that it will save expenses for the store because now you have a blank gift card that can be reused I have to point out that any used/$0 balance gift card, even the generic ones, should be thrown out and never given to a new guest. Once they are used they have a transaction history attached to them that can create problems or confusion for the next guest who has the card should they have a reason to track back into the card's transaction history.

If you are thinking that it will save expenses for the store because now you have a blank gift card that can be reused I have to point out that any used/$0 balance gift card, even the generic ones, should be thrown out and never given to a new guest. Once they are used they have a transaction history attached to them that can create problems or confusion for the next guest who has the card should they have a reason to track back into the card's transaction history.

This.

I was being sarcastic about the expenses, hence the wink face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back