Thoughts and Prayers

BadWolf4531

Fulfillment Expert
I debated on whether or not to even post this, but honestly our entire team could use all kinds of thoughts and prayers today and in the weeks to come.

One of our ETLs passed away in the store yesterday. I'd rather not give many details, but I had to call the Code Green and 911 and witness the whole thing. I've been with Target since 2007 and it was the most traumatic thing I've ever experienced.

I'm going to work today because I feel like I need to be there for some fellow team members and I know there are some leaders who need to stay home. I can't even imagine what work is going to look like today and how we even begin to move on from this. They did close the store for the remainder of the day yesterday after it happened.

Hug your loved ones today. Control what you can control, but otherwise don't give a f*ck about INF, Fill %, Backup, etc., because it only takes a few seconds for none of that to matter anymore. 😢

I debated on whether or not to even post this, but honestly our entire team could use all kinds of thoughts and prayers today and in the weeks to come.

One of our ETLs passed away in the store yesterday. I'd rather not give many details, but I had to call the Code Green and 911 and witness the whole thing. I've been with Target since 2007 and it was the most traumatic thing I've ever experienced.

I'm going to work today because I feel like I need to be there for some fellow team members and I know there are some leaders who need to stay home. I can't even imagine what work is going to look like today and how we even begin to move on from this. They did close the store for the remainder of the day yesterday after it happened.

Hug your loved ones today. Control what you can control, but otherwise don't give a f*ck about INF, Fill %, Backup, etc., because it only takes a few seconds for none of that to matter anymore. 😢
Sorry for your loss. Be strong for you & your store. We are here to support you. We are always listening too.
Remember the good times too.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry for you and your team. I can't begin to imagine what you're going through as the one that witnessed it and called the code green.

I completely agree about the way this resets priorities and perspective. I'm an ETL and when I lost a team member that I cared about... it kinda broke me.

Please listen to yourself and listen when your body/mind is trying to signal what you need. For me, being around my team actually helped because we were all grieving together. A work family loss is only truly understood at work. (In my opinion.) Pause whenever you need to or excuse yourself from the salesfloor as needed.

They will likely set up on site counseling. Please use it if you think it will help.

Thinking of you and your team today. I'm so so sorry.

Wow, it's scary to even think about this happening at my store. How absolutely awful for you and everyone else at your store. I hope you're all able to pull together and support each other, and that you get the support needed from other stores' ETLs in your area. I'll be thinking about you.

Grief comes in weird ways. And strange waves. Dont fight it. Ride it out and let yourself follow the steps your own mind needs. Im sorry you went through that. Be there for your team but also remember you need to grieve and find healing and help with the trauma to.

My heart goes out to you & your team.
We lost a long-time TM from a terminal illness a few years back.
I was also part of store support when a TM at a small store died in an accident.
It was heartening to see people come together but sad that it took a loss to do so.

I am sorry for you and your team’s loss. Our store lost a TM a few years back in the store. I know it changed those team members that witness it. I still remember coming to work a finding out. It still hits hard every year. The TM that we lost was well loved by everyone.

We had one die in the backroom about a month or two ago. Mismanagement of people and shit working conditions IMO. Even with possible pre-existing conditions it should not have happened. It wasn't taken seriously enough.

My heart goes out to all of you. We have lost TM, and Target is really good at recognizing the need to provide support. You should have on site counseling services for a few days, with each and every person given adequate time to work through their feelings with them, as they need to. As the first responder, please take advantage of this. I’m on the DC side, but I’m sure they will send TM from other stores to help with guests, so that you can pull together as family to support one another. Bless your heart for thinking of this yourself today.

Very sorry for your loss. Positive thoughts for you and your store team and prayers that you all get through this devastating loss as well and as soon as possible. Sounds like you are a source of support for your team, please take the time to take care of yourself, too. Best wishes to all of you.

We had one die in the backroom about a month or two ago. Mismanagement of people and shit working conditions IMO. Even with possible pre-existing conditions it should not have happened. It wasn't taken seriously enough.
You're saying it was Target's fault they died?

I'm so sorry for your loss. Everyone is so stressed out over this entire year. It's a shame when a job does this - whether it's directly related or just partly the reason. I hope their family will dig to find out why, if it was Target related I mean.

Back