Archived Thrown in Workcenters

Status
Not open for further replies.

adcamper92

Food Ave Deviant
Okay, so I'm just gonna put it out there, but in the 1.5 year of being at Target, I've gone from just my main work area as a cashier to working pretty much anything in the store. Is Target allowed to just schedule me at Food Avenue, Photo, Cart Attendant without even training me or getting the proper training. I just recently got Busted Stuff quiz taken for CA and SD, but I'm just curious to get input.

Btw, what work areas, does everyone work here?

It really depends on your leadership and whether or not they perceive you as a fast learner. If you don't feel comfortable in a certain workcenter, let the TL know that you would feel more comfortable there if you had more (if any) training. Really, they shouldn't be scheduling you in a workcenter unless you have completed a learning plan for it (which shouldn't be signed unless you feel you've been sufficiently trained).

I'm trained in cashing and hardlines, though I've also dabbled in guest service, carts, electronics, and even softlines. Most active users list the workcenters they're trained in on their profiles.

I've actually stepped up and learned all those respective areas since people at our Target either quits, calls in, or gets fired. I think on Black Friday they have me working Food Avenue and "training" someone that day. Seems stupid right?

Training on BF? Two years ago we had someone start on BF....so it does happen.
Can't remember specifically who the cashier was, but I do remember that they came back!

I am officially trained for cashiering and guest services. I have gotten tossed into hard lines and softlines when they've needed someone and figured I can catch on fast enough to help out as needed.

They nearly had me cover an electronics break once, but saved me from that when they realized that was a really stupid idea....because while I catch on quickly, I still need someone around to show me what to do and answer questions.

Actually has put TMs in workcenters without proper training. But it should happen. I have had TMs just thrown into Food Ave, because there was no coverage and the rest of the TM is full on hours.

Target has strict policies about TMs having to go through training shifts with a peer/TL or have to complete a quiz before they can be released into a work center.

Electronics has the Electronic Champion Quiz
Cart Attendants must go through a quick safety session on the proper use of the cart pusher.
Food Ave TMs must pass a food sanitation quiz.
Depending on the store and its sales of alcohol, cashiers must pass a quiz before they can be allowed to sale alcohol.
Backroom TMs must go through a backroom cerification quiz.
And there are certain pieces of equipment that TMs have to complete a training session before using. Ex. Wave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back