Archived Time off for cosmetic surgery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever heard of anybody taking time off for cosmetic surgery? I want to take off 2 weeks but idk if they will approve Loa for it and I also don't want to tell them exactly what the reason is. Someone at my store just took off 3 months to go Europe so I would think it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

I guess asants but someone took a loa for a boob job at my store. :cool:

Check on the pay and benefits site. I think there is info on there about what is/isn't covered. I know Hewitt will ask why, but it's worth a shot. The store doesn't need to know...afaik.

Ditto that.
We had a TL who was rather busty to the point of having back problems so she finally got a referral & had a redux. She was out for nearly three weeks.

Maybe she's getting them shrunk? Maybe they are leaking? Who knows. Lots of cosmetic can be skewed to sound medical.
Yea those are all possibilities but not for her. She's 1 of 2 girls to do it at my store. And no neither one had the surgery for medical reasons lol. Just trying to get laid more often lol.

Not all boob jobs are cosmetic...and I know someone who did take medical loa for one.

All boob implants are cosmetic. No one is getting boob implants for the practical use of having something to rest their head on at their work desk. Seriously, it's a great feature.

But as others said, you can take an "LOA" for just surgery. The kind of surgery is irrelevant. It's not their business.

All boob implants are cosmetic. No one is getting boob implants for the practical use of having something to rest their head on at their work desk. Seriously, it's a great feature.

But as others said, you can take an "LOA" for just surgery. The kind of surgery is irrelevant. It's not their business.
It's called a reduction. Still fits under the term boob job.

It's called a reduction. Still fits under the term boob job.

True, I thought you were referring more to implants. Eh, well as a busty woman, I'm extremely skeptical that breast reductions are done for medical purposes. Except for in extreme cases. Back pain caused by breasts is so illogical. Wear a good bra, and you shouldn't have problems. The body knows how to carry it's own weight. You're more likely to have back problems from just wearing shitty shoes, or sleeping funny.

However, I don't see anything wrong with cosmetic surgery. I just wish people would be honest about it. I don't understand why there's such a stigma around it. Personally, I consider it unnecessary, but at the end of the day, I don't exactly feel any need to rally against like some people do.

Any surgery is hippa protected. Once you have the date of your surgery call Hewitt. They will tell you what you need as far as documentation. No one can legally ask you what your surgery is for at store level.

You are having surgery. None of their business if it for "cosmetic" or "medical" reasons. It needs "fixing".
Anyone know if laser eye surgery is cosmetic or no?

Because I know sunglasses are not brand.

Take off four days. It was all I needed, I did it twice. Yep I had Lasik twice, the original surgery and a revision four months later. I also had some complications first time as surprise, 2nd time a known issue. It was something you can't know until you get lasered. Just some contacts and drops, no biggie.

If you have questions message me. :)

You are having surgery. None of their business if it for "cosmetic" or "medical" reasons. It needs "fixing".

Take off four days. It was all I needed, I did it twice. Yep I had Lasik twice, the original surgery and a revision four months later. I also had some complications first time as surprise, 2nd time a known issue. It was something you can't know until you get lasered. Just some contacts and drops, no biggie.

I am a sucker for bad puns.

I have read up on it and have a Brother in Law who has gotten it done, at worst I have read that you may end up with eyes that are sensitive to light forever. My problem is that I am damn near blind without my contacts, and my eyes are still getting worse. I think it is genetic, but if my eyes are getting worse, why get Lasik if it only solves the problem, for say a year.

I am a sucker for bad puns.

It's cool.. It was not lost on me either as I was getting laser blasted the second time. But at least I could see at night after the 2nd time.

I am 3 years out still good. It only really does you good if your current script is stable, if not I would not laser. For exactly that reason. Unless your eyes are so bad that you could almost reset the clock so to speak, if you degrade again your correction in glasses would be much less than you are now? Don't know if it works like that, cause mine would change every 5years or so. It was bad but predictable bad. Like I could not see the dash of a car from the drivers seat it was a blur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back