Archived Time off in a short span?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yourbasement

Food Ave Dude
Well, it's almost been six months with Target. And I have not asked for any time off (I had to get my schedule changed due to college classes, but that's really it). Last month I had one NCNS due to waking up sick, throwing up, and then falling asleep and not notifying the store.

Next month in March, I want to go to a conference and fly in for it for 3 days. I have a travel stipend making the plane ticket cheaper so the cost is worth it. And then on Memorial Day, the family and I are flying to a funeral and wedding to see extended family for 5 days. Both events were within two months.

To throw a wrench in the monkey, spring break and summer makes it the busiest time of year in the area I live in. Spring break depends on colleges/universities/high schools calendars. It starts at the beginning of March and ends at the end of April, so I'm only missing 3 days (plus my days off for college) during the whole run.

The wedding is more important though in plans, so if I don't attend the conference I can compromise.

However, I am moving and transferring to a Target (hopefully in my department) in July and I was thinking I could just put 2 weeks at the start of May and transfer and work at the new Target when I come back from the wedding which negates the question.

I'm just wondering if asking for three days off, and then two months later and in 5 days is memorial day if that's too short of a time span? I have yet to notify work at all, but I should if I plan on going to the wedding.

At my store it also would be no problem as log as 1.) You put in the Request on time so they don't have to deal with the change last minute. 2.) Let your ETL/TL know and inform them you have the request in.

As far as your transfer talk to your ETL and HR about it asap.

Ask someone at your store. As you mentioned, it is a busy time of year for your store specifically, so no one on here will be able to give you a better and more correct answer.

Don't do a resignation form for two weeks. As others said you will want to let them know you want to transfer. If you "quit" you can't apply at that other store for at minimum 90 days and have to go thru the interview process all over

Let them know you'd like two weeks to move and get things settled before starting at your next Target. Good leaders will understand and the leaders at the other store have more time to find a better place for you on the team rather than squeezing you in. Just my two cents.

Your time off is not out of line. I would request it as soon as possible. The sooner you request it, the better chance they will approve it.

If the conference is for another job, I wouldn't let it be known to your management. Make up some other excuse for the time off.

I would put in a transfer request as soon as possible and try to arrange a transition time between stores 1-2 weeks. Have your trip within that transition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back