Archived Time off pay/ disability

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a TL and need time off for surgery. I have a torn ligament and cyst. I don't have much personal time. It is related to excessive walking and a non documented injury that started this whole mess. Any advice on this or disability?

I am a TL and need time off for surgery. I have a torn ligament and cyst. I don't have much personal time. It is related to excessive walking and a non documented injury that started this whole mess. Any advice on this or disability?
Did you enroll in targets long term/short term disability plan? If so check with HR...if you didn't enroll you can take unpaid leave.

If you average over 31.5 hours, ( doesn't matter if you are a Tl or not) you can receive short term disability pay from Spot. You only get half of your average hours...So, if you average 40 hours a week they will pay you for 20...they give you the option to add in vacation hours etc. I would had never known this was an option when I had my surgery IF it wasn't for my stores e h r team member.

Short term disability is automatic & pays up to 60% of pay. Please check with your hr without delay. A lot of tm's don't realize they have that option.

Thanks everyone. I have been told the injury is from walking and is repetitive use of body part so it is a possible workers comp. Filed paperwork today. Time will tell. I do have disability and I did up it last spring. Just want to be up and running for 4th quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back